Looking to replace my old windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dschuman

Looking to replace my old windows

#1 Post by dschuman »

I want to replace my old windows but I am having a difficult time with the process. I live in the Bay Area, Fremont to be specific. I have a few questions for everyone on this site:

1. Does anyone know of a good installer of new construction windows in the bay area? I have not been impressed with the people I have met so far.

2. Also, can anyone recommend a good window for my area? I have been looking at Milgard but I know there are other windows out there. I am new to this process.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

mman

#2 Post by mman »

I would stick with the Milgard, seeing as how they are built locally and offer great service and warranty work, but I'm biased. Looks as though nobody else has any advice for you , so stick with what you know. As far as install questions, I live in the pacific NW and am not familiar with your area , or installers, so ask around and get local referrals. Good Luck.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

I like Milgard or the Jeld-Wen Premium series vinyl products. For installers, I like Bay City windows, Able Glass, and Argaunaut Glass.