Ever hear of Kaytec?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Spartans1399

Ever hear of Kaytec?

#1 Post by Spartans1399 »

I stumbled across this website today and found it very helpful. I live in CT and I am currently pricing 19 windows and 2 pictures. I was quoted 8,271 for Accuweld, 6,289 for Silver Line 1200, and 5,724 for Kaytec. The first two quotes include full aluminum castings and are from a different company. I did not see a lot of information for any of these companies. Is there a better window for the money? I went to www.nfrc.org and could not even find Kaytec listed. Is that bad? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to which one to go with? Or should I select a different brand? I have seen a lot of posts about Milgard, Simonton, Schuco, and Amsco. Any help would be appreciated.

MLiff

Re: Ever hear of Kaytec?

#2 Post by MLiff »

Kaytec Windows are manufactured by the Farley Window company. The Kayec name is a private label program
for windows distributed by Kaycan, Ltd, a manufacturer & distributor of vinyl residential building products.

Farley windows are manufactued in the Montreal, Canada area. Please Google Farley & you will be able to
see the details on the company. They manufacture a high quality product and offer a lifetime warranty on all
of their windows, including glass breakage.

Hope this answers your question!

darrbonn

#3 Post by darrbonn »

Just to let you know Farley or Kaytec is not a high quality window. Its a low to mid grade at best. Installed them before for many years and really saw them go down hill cheaping out on vinyl and glass spacer. Your hear everything on the outside . Not very good.

buddy110

#4 Post by buddy110 »

Kaycan is known for low quailty products throughout their product lines including their siding. Accuweld and Silverline are also low quality.
I would look at Gorell, Sunrise, Marvin Infinity and Softlite. You can find all of those in Ct. Good luck