Pella vs American Craftsman vs Reliabilt Window Reviews - Please Help

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
slider162

#16 Post by slider162 »

I guess I am in the same boat. I got my quote from Home Depot ($349/window installed special) using the AC12 windows for $5,575. Sears just walked out of here at $13,634. I'm getting my 3rd quote this weekend from a local contractor. I might just practice replacing the windows in the garage and do the work myself on the rest of the house if it is going to be this confusing.

jmomo

#17 Post by jmomo »

the ac12 from home depot is the 1200 silverline dh i wouldnt put it in my doghouse you can get the 8500 for around the same price. from a local contractor

thebasicimage

Re: Pella vs American Craftsman vs Reliabilt - Please HELP !!!

#18 Post by thebasicimage »

I can't find any information on the AC12 window. Could you provide more details?

Skydawggy

Re: Pella vs American Craftsman vs Reliabilt - Please HELP !!!

#19 Post by Skydawggy »

thebasicimage wrote:I can't find any information on the AC12 window. Could you provide more details?
Yes, it's the lowest end window sold by HD. It would be the equivalent of purchasing a $3.89 pair of jeans from Wal-Mart. It's cheap looking, made with a crappy grade of vinyl and uses bottom end hardware. It's made for the cheap low end buyer who truely has no concept of quality. What else did you need to know about it?