Alliance Windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Gary L

Alliance Windows?

#1 Post by Gary L »

I live in southern New Jersey. I was considering buying Alliance windows "The Hawthorne" series. A recommended installer told me about them and says he's installed them in his house too. He says he likes Andersen windows, but he may not be in the house long enough to have spent the money on them. I am also going to get a Bow window from them as well. Any thoughts, comments and/or suggestions from this great panel of experts? Is Alliance atleast a quality company? Thank you in advance for your help.

renew1

Re: Alliance Windows?

#2 Post by renew1 »

Alliance is a biulders grade window,pure and simple.
you get what you pay for and its far from an investment grade window. NJ offers some very high quality windows through various dealers. Alliance,silverline, and united are not one of them.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Low-grade window with an attractive price for pick-up truck contractors. What does this mean for him? He wins a lot of bids due to being the cheapest estimate. I'm not saying that this is what your guy is all about, but I know several local guys in my part of South Jersey that install them. One of them once purchased Vista Panorama series and Soft-Lite Bainbridges off of me and had to raise his installed price to a whopping $300 plus! He can install Alliance all day long and be another $199 to $299 guy.

renew1

#4 Post by renew1 »

unfortunately homeowners gravitate towards those pick up truck type contractors that install lower grade windows due to the allure oif a "low price". too bad the price is'nt as low as they thought when they want to replace their new windows in 2 to 3 years if they are even that lucky.
another cheaper brand in that area is Superseal.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

Exactly! I wandered into a Windowrama showroom a while back and they had a ton of nice wood products and then bangzoom!!!! all the junk vinyl you could ever want in one stop shopping. Silverline and Superseal, need I say more?

Gary L

#6 Post by Gary L »

If not Alliance, what is a good window company other than Andersen or Pella, not that I am opposed to them? Just looking for a good middle of the road window where I won't have to break the bank. I have seen that Schuco was one talked about a lot. Are they located in Illinois? Is shipping windows a good idea? Also, can I stick with Vinyl or do I go wood? Does wood have swelling problems? Thanks again for everyones help. It has been very useful.

DGD

#7 Post by DGD »

I have 13 Alliance windows in my house and I cannot convey just how disappointed we are in them! I can not believe how badly we were taken by Schmidt Construction who installed these windows. The windows are horrible and the installation was a joke! There are huge gaps all around them, caulking everywhere and the crew was rude and obnoxious!

toddinmn

#8 Post by toddinmn »

it usually helps people understand more if you can list specific reasons why a window is inferior.I have installed a lot of Silverlines these windows are not going to fall apart in 2-3 years as some claim or even 5 years.I do know that they are not the best window out there by any means but you can do a lot worse.i will say that there 1200 series is not very good and should be avoided since the 9500 series are not much more.The biggest problem I see with these windows is the install since most are installed by home owners or from pick-up truck installers.I do install alot of Atriums now and alot of people rip them as well,but I have had almost zero problems with them and all homeowners have beeen happy.These windows should be priced well below the premium windows of others.

top pro

#9 Post by top pro »

I have 13 Alliance windows in my house and I cannot convey just how disappointed we are in them! I can not believe how badly we were taken by Schmidt Construction who installed these window. The windows are horrible and the installation was a joke! There are huge gaps all around them, caulking everywhere and the crew was rude and obnoxious!
Are you kidding? You bought Alliance windows? They are the absolute bottom of the barrel. Do yourself a favor and listen to the pro's that faithfully provide expert guidance on this board for free, and not posters who continually sign in under false names and try and promote their own agenda's.