Looking for high quality high value awning windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jbocskay

Looking for high quality high value awning windows

#1 Post by jbocskay »

I need to replace 4 awning windows in my home in the Chicago suburbs. House was built in 1954 and all the windows in the house were replaced by the previous owner except for these. I was looking at Pella 350 series and was surprised to see the so-so opinions here. Glad I found this site before going with the Pellas. What are 3 or 4 manufacturers I should be looking at for a high quality / high value awning window? I don't care if new windows match existing windows, just want a high quality / high value replacement.

HomeSealed

Re: Looking for high quality high value awning windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Okna, Softlite, Sunrise... In Chicagoland, you need to contact Window4U. You can find him in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5191 .... He is the only dealer that I recommend in your area.

jbocskay

#3 Post by jbocskay »

Thanks for the advice. I sent Dave (window4U) a request for a quote. Looks like Soft Lite makes much better windows than the Pella 350.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Give Dave a ring. Solid guy and solid products.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Windows on Washington wrote:+1

Give Dave a ring. Solid guy and solid products.
I liked the big bear post better!

jbocskay

#6 Post by jbocskay »

I ordered 4 Solft-Lite Imperial LS awning windows instead of the Pella 350 windows I was looking at. Glad I found this forum because from what I have read the LS windows are much better quality than the Pella 350's and they were less expensive. It seems that instead of having to pay a bunch more for the Pella name with the 350's, I paid much less and got quality and reputation. Looking forward to seeing the windows installed.