Milgard vs Anlin Window Reviews

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
SoCalSteve

Milgard vs Anlin Window Reviews

#1 Post by SoCalSteve »

I've narrowed my search down to 2 vinyl windows - Milgard and Anlin. For 7 windows and a slider, the Milgard quote was for about $5.1k and Anlin was $6.5k. My main concerns are noise, installation quality and blocking heat. Being in So Cal, I don't have to worry about cold winters. Anlin appears to have a sturdier frame and better reviews plus Low e2, but the Milgard glass comes in 1/4" and 1/8" (1" total) vs Anlin 1/8" & 1/8" (3/4" total). Does the thinker window make a big difference on blocking sound? What about the spacer effects on noise & heat? Any experience or thoughts about these 2 brands, would be appreciated.

mman

#2 Post by mman »

Heya Steve, well, I'll try to be as non-biased as possible, but since the Milgard bid was lower and sound is a concern of yours, have you tried asking about Laminated glass? Laminated glass has great, affordable sound deadening qualities and also, ask the Milgard dealer about SuncoatMax low e. This is a Milgard Low e that should match up, or surpass any other low e's you will see on the marketplace. In defense of the other window brand, I'm sorry that I do not know a great deal about it, but I will do the research and I'm sure it is a fine window. As far as your installation question; Ask to see if the Milgard dealer, or the other is AAMA certified and ask to see examples of work. The installation will be the most important part of the job you have done, and the best window can be junk in the wrong hands. Good luck and happy hunting.

jazz562

Milgard vs Anlin

#3 Post by jazz562 »

Did you install the Milgard or Anlin windows?

SoCalSteve

#4 Post by SoCalSteve »

I picked the Milgard. The installation was ok, but not great. The windows are good, but the rainy season is about to start, so we'll see how theyhold up.

alfawolf

#5 Post by alfawolf »

SoCalSteve wrote:I picked the Milgard. The installation was ok, but not great. The windows are good, but the rainy season is about to start, so we'll see how theyhold up.
Steve, if you come back to this:
I'm wondering why you chose Milgard ovr Anlin. I'm in the same boat right now choosing between the 2. Just wondering what prompted your decision, if you don't mind. :)

Gardog

Anlin over MGard

#6 Post by Gardog »

I compete against both companies. Anlin has a better market reputation in terms of service and quality of product. Milgard is more well known - like Starbucks - but that doesn't make them better. (or worse for that matter)