Simonton 6100, pella 250, Soft-Light Valley Brook, Polaris ?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
yoneo

Simonton 6100, pella 250, Soft-Light Valley Brook, Polaris ?

#1 Post by yoneo »

I need help in trying to rate the windows that I was recommended by different bidder for my Window replacement and installation.
I need to replace 3 windows and one sliding glass patio door. I live in Kansas city area so winter isn't bad usually 45 to 25 degree and summer is 80 to 95 degree.

All 3 bids are White Vinyl Dbl Hung, Temper Glass (to meet the code, it's lees then 18 inches from the floor.) w/Advanced Low E and Argon + Screen

1st:
3-Pella Series 250 for windows.
Series 350 with same specs as windows, add on a dual claw lock, keyed cylinder on the outside for the Patio Door. Total price: $4,859

2nd:
Simonton 6100 windows and 6100 patio door with outside key lock. Total price $4,723

3rd:
Soft-Light, Valley Brook Windows (Valley Brook is a custom label so it's a Soft-Light Pro Dbl Hung windows) and 6100 patio door by Alside with outside key lock.
Total price of $4,268.

Please help decide on the best window and patio doors for the price. Also after reading this web site I like to get more information on Polaris Ultraweld window with Intercept with Form Fill and Energy Smart Supreme 2 setup. This might be my best choice and it might even save me money at same time.

your input is appreciated.
Last edited by yoneo on Fri May 20, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

Re: Simonton 6100, pella 250, Soft-Light Valley Brook, Polaris ?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Polaris is a good unit, although I'd opt for the stainless spacer.

Pella is tossed IMO for various reasons including the pocket sill.

Softlite has some very good windows, but a wide range of quality from the top to bottom. Not sure if "Valley Brook" is the company offering it, or if that is a private label model name, but it is not one of their regular lines. The Kingsroyal door that they make is decent and I'd take that over the Alside unit. Not sure why a company would offer that door with those windows over than because its a bit cheaper.

yoneo

#3 Post by yoneo »

I just got info that - Valley Brook is a custom label so it's a Soft-Light Pro Dbl Hung windows

It's hard to fined a Company that sell and install Polaris in Kansas city area that has a really good reputation.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The pro is a little long in the tooth, but solid. I'd ask to upgrade the door to softlite as well if you go that route

yoneo

#5 Post by yoneo »

If I can't fine anyone pushing Polaris in this area then I will go with your advice and install Soft-Air widows and sliding door.
Also, like all of you have said, It's important to fined the good installer and I like the company that's selling and installing the Soft Air.

Thanks for your advice and quick response.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Ask the company bidding Soft-Lite(SL) if they can offer the Imperial LS.
Also I would agree that I want a better patio door unless it is a 3 season room.

theWindowNerd.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

TheWindowNerd wrote:Ask the company bidding Soft-Lite(SL) if they can offer the Imperial LS.
Also I would agree that I want a better patio door unless it is a 3 season room.

theWindowNerd.
This is good advice. The LS and Elements are a bit better