Simonton Daylight Max 7300 vs Monte Verde Bay View

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rezar1

Simonton Daylight Max 7300 vs Monte Verde Bay View

#1 Post by rezar1 »

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum. A lot of goof info on here. I recently received 2 quotes to replace all of the windows in our house. Total of 23 Windows of different sizes. The quotes include 4 with laminated glass for our master bedroom since we are next to a street and 2 with sound package. All windows are double pane, white vinyl Low E3 glass.

The two quotes are for Simonton Daylight Max 7300 ($15,400) and Monte Verde Bay View ($13,200).

The Monte Verde Bay View is roughly about $2200 cheaper compared to Simonton. We are located in the Bay Area.

Here are my questions:

- What do you think about the overall price for each quote?
- Are Simonton Daylight that much better than Monte Verde to justify the additional cost?
- Will laminate glass and sound package have significant impact in noise reduction with us being next to a busy street.

Any info/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: Simonton Daylight Max 7300 vs Monte Verde Bay View

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Its going to be tough to get some really directed feedback here on the comparison because none of the pros on here, that I know of, are on the West Coast.

What I can say is that we do know that Simonton makes a decent product and certainly something that they stand behind firmly.

Was there any comparative analysis differentiators between the installation companies?

As a general observation, both numbers are well within what would be reasonable pricing observations.

rezar1

#3 Post by rezar1 »

Both of the quotes are from the same company. They just provided options and pricing on two different products. The installation will be the same. The only difference would be the product.

I am not sure if Simonton is $2200 better than Monte Verde (which is an Anlin) company. I was hoping someone can at least say if Simontons are that much better than MV to warrant %16 premium.

Thanks

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Have you gotten any other quotes? Usually the rule of thumb is to take a look at two if you aren't 100% certain on a product/company or don't have a personal referral.