MA - New to Windows, help with brands

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
murael

MA - New to Windows, help with brands

#1 Post by murael »

I was on efficientwindows.org and using the window recommendation tool it spit out these manufacturers is anyone familiar with any of them at all? None are ones I recognize from reading this forum.

Accurate Dorwin
Fibertec Window & Door Mfg
Great Lakes Window
Ply Gem Windows
Polaris Windows and Doors
Thermo-Tech Windows
Thompson Creek Window Company
Vinylmax

Thanks, I'm trying to source (10) double hung vinyl replacements, hoping to pay no more than 400-500 per window, but I want a quality built product

Windows on Washington

Re: MA - New to Windows, help with brands

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Why that interface isn't very helpful is demonstrated here. Half of them probably aren't available in your area without jumping through some hoops and several of them are mediocre at best.

I would start with a local search and ask around to friends or family.

Keep in mind that a "quality built product" (quoting you here) and "pay no more" don't usually occupy the same space.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Off the bat I'd cite Fibertec as great, high end fiberglass window out of Canada. Won'd come cheap and may or may not be available to you. Polaris makes very good vinyl window. Great Lakes is owned by Plygem, same window in many locations, pretty widely available. Used to be well regarded, but hasn't advanced with the performance of other high end units on most of their lines.
For me, the others would range from AVOID, to not sure.

As for the pricing, I'd caution against your price range if you want quality in the window and install.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

You’re pricing could very well be reasonable for materials only depending on which window and option.

Irrivirsible

#5 Post by Irrivirsible »

What is available can depend on where in MA you are. I am not an expert. You see a lot of people selling Harvey, Soft Lite is available from different sources and Okna is limited availability depending. For that price range you would probably get a Soft Lite Pro. Rite Window is a choice you might be able to get in that price range but outside of their company, I can't find a source that can speak to how good the quality of that window really is.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

Since the new poster above mentioned soft lite, be sure you look at the Elements window. The Imperial Ls is a good window by soft lite as well. Those would be the two soft lite windows most pro’s recommend. Soft lites web site will list an Elements dealer in your area.

Best Exteriors

#7 Post by Best Exteriors »

Our company prefers the Anin windows, although we install windows from other manufacturers

Ricknez

#8 Post by Ricknez »

Best Exteriors wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:01 am Our company prefers the Anin windows, although we install windows from other manufacturers
No one cares what your company uses but we do care about how you ignore the forum rules and spam.