Which is better? Polaris Platinum or Okna ?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
staceleo

Which is better? Polaris Platinum or Okna ?

#1 Post by staceleo »

Hello, I received quotes for replacing my windows with Polaris Platinum Series and with Okna 600dx and the prices were identical except for the fact that the one company gives a 5% cash discount. Which is a better window? Or are they equal?

Windows on Washington

Re: Which is better? Polaris Platinum or Okna ?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Both good windows. Can't go wrong with either. Have you checked out jobs from both installation companies?

staceleo

#3 Post by staceleo »

No, do you mean ask them for addresses to drive by?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I mean moreso talking to former clients, referrals, and looking at previous installations.

Ricknez

#5 Post by Ricknez »

The Okna 600 is nicer looking and i think its also built a litter better. It will also have a better Ufactor/ more efficient than the Polaris platinum.

staceleo

#6 Post by staceleo »

What about Alside Mezzo? I was trying to look up reviews online and some were really bad. I am assuming I am better to stick with the Okna or the Polaris?

Ricknez

#7 Post by Ricknez »

The alside mezzo is not highly regarded. Both the okna 600 and polaris supreme are much better. Invest your money wisely. Far too many homeowners go with the cheaper product and soon find out its much more expensive to go cheap.

staceleo

#8 Post by staceleo »

Ricknez, I agree. I just wanted to double check. We liked the Polaris installation company the best and since the consensus seems to be good on those windows, we will probably go with them. =) Thank you.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Just to echo the above, the newer AMI product is a huge step in the right direction for them, but definitely not in the quality category of the other units in this comparison.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Good advice above, you won't go wrong with the Polaris or Okna option provided that you get a good install. The mezzo is a significant step down.

I'd give an edge to the Okna model on product alone, nicer looking, more glass area, composite spacer, newer design. This is under the assumption that the "platinum" is some variation of the Ultraweld, their flagship.

That said, the difference in product is not profound enough to overcome a more profound difference in the installation/dealer if you believe that to be the case. Both windows will perform very well for many years if installed properly, so if you like the one company much better, that would be deciding factor in my book.