Okna Window and Patio door quote in-Line??

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Rjrunner

Okna Window and Patio door quote in-Line??

#1 Post by Rjrunner »

Hi
below is the quote i received for Okna Envirostar 800 windows: I am in Appleton Wi Nearest Okna dealer is Homesealed in New Berlin Wi aprox 100 miles away. I could not get a definitive amount for travel and hotel for installers to stay overnight to do this job, was told it was included in price. Just looking for feedback if this is high or about normal??

SEE BELOW

Furnish and Install new 800DX (deluxe) ENVIRO Star by Okna Vinyl Window(s)QTY/ STYLE/ LOCATION
1st Floor
(3) DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS, LIVING ROOM
(1) CASEMENT WINDOW, KITCHEN
2nd Floor
(1) DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW, BEDROOM #1
(2) DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS, BEDROOM #2
(2) DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS, BEDROOM #3
(1) CASEMENT WINDOW, BATHROOM (Tempered glass)
Lower Level
(1) DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW, BATHROOM
(5) DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS, LIVING ROOM
Product:
INT COLOR: MELROSE CHERRY
EXT COLOR: TERRA BROWN
EXT TRIM COLOR: TERRA BRONZE
HARDWARE COLOR: MATTE BRONZE
GLASS PACKAGE: Triple pane/argon
OBSCURE/PRIVACY GLASS: NO
TEMPERED GLASS (per building code): YES LOCATION: UPPER BATHROOM
Installation:
TYPE: Pocket

Price $25,689.00

Okna Elagante patio door
Furnish and Install New Okna HiMark Patio Door. Sliding screen. 3 point lock (2 point latch plus
footlock).
Triple pane (argon)
Product:
TYPE: ELEGANTE
INT COLOR: MELROSE CHERRY
EXT COLOR: TERRA BROWN
EXT TRIM COLOR: TERRA BRONZE
INT HARDWARE COLOR: MATTE BRONZE (Ext hardware to match door color)
GLASS PACKAGE: XR9 Triple Pane
OPERATOR: RIGHT HAND (as viewed from inside looking out)
GRIDS: NO
BLINDS: NO
Price $5,794.00

SUBTOTAL 31,483.00
DISCOUNT -6,296.00
TOTAL $25,187.00

also originally got a quote for Highmark1000 windows and patio door with same info as above
windows $28590
patio door $5994
discount $7969
Total $26,615.00

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna Window and Patio door quote in-Line??

#2 Post by masterext »

Its a beautiful window and considering hotel accomodations, that pricing is more than reasonable.
I would also have to add this. You need to keep in mind, anytime they have to make a service trip for any reason at a couple hours away, that is pretty much a full day for a technician or two between travel and the visit itself. That can add up to thousands pretty quickly for a product intended to last decades, even for a high quality, low-service product like Okna.

By the way, the 1000 series price is very attractive regardless of location.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

As stated on the green board forum, I see no issue with that pricing. That is an expensive window and a really expensive set of options.

Rjrunner

#4 Post by Rjrunner »

Thanks guys. Planning on staying in this house for 15-20 years. Can you make suggestions on great energy efficient windows that are triple pane will last over 20 years? Need to have wood look inside and dark brown on outside. I don’t need the most expensive windows just durable, without losing much glass viewing area. I don’t want to have to do a do over in 20 years.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

To be honest, i dont think you will find a more efficient window than the Okna. I think you you are getting very good pricing for one of the nicest looking and most efficient windows in the entire industry. The company offering that window ( HomeSealed) has one of the best reputations in the business.

Ricknez

#6 Post by Ricknez »

we have relied on hotels for far away installs and it gets expensive. that is good pricing, no doubt about that.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Rjrunner wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:03 am Thanks guys. Planning on staying in this house for 15-20 years. Can you make suggestions on great energy efficient windows that are triple pane will last over 20 years? Need to have wood look inside and dark brown on outside. I don’t need the most expensive windows just durable, without losing much glass viewing area. I don’t want to have to do a do over in 20 years.
Based on the color and glazing that you are talking about, I don't think you are going to find anything that is a better value for a quality product. I think you mentioned that you has another Okna product quoted. Where did they land?

If you want to vet the pricing, get a quote on something that is fiberglass or wood....besides the lack of comparable warranty, performance, and robust frame....you will find the pricing to be much higher than what you likely have quoted. You'll probably wind up running back to that quote.

At a minimum, you will be able to confirm your pricing and realize that the options and windows you have quoted...are all going to be at the upper end of the market based on options, glazing, and quality.

Rjrunner

#8 Post by Rjrunner »

Windows of Washington. The other quote was from a company called AHT windows. They only carry Starmark brand and the quote before discounts was $50,000 plus, after discounts and sign today price $46,000. I passed on that. The Homesealed quote is great compared to that!!! I have decided that I am only going to replace the patio door and the two windows that are in rough shape now. The rest are not bad. I would go with Homesealed but due to my distance from Milwaukee (90-miles) they need a 10 window minimum project, which I understand. Si I have to look elsewhere. If Brandon is reading this he should open a franchise in the Appleton/ Green Bay area, I think his company would do pretty good!! The Okna rep I talked to about a month ago said they were looking for a company to handle the Okna lines in northeast Wisconsin.

toddinmn

#9 Post by toddinmn »

Travel time and hotel is irrelevant IMO. You got comparable bids and we all know Homesealed here , prices are inline with the travel and the answer is clear.