Anlin Catalina vs Monteverde Bay View with upgrades

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
max_m

Anlin Catalina vs Monteverde Bay View with upgrades

#1 Post by max_m »

I live in San Diego and am looking to replace all the windows in my house, approximately 30. Currently, the windows are all single paned. I am choosing between the Anlin Catalina Series windows with the sound package and the Monteverde Bay View Series with argon gas and sound package. I have already ruled out the Anlin Del Mar Series. All the glass will be tempered and some, where needed, will be fire tempered.

What are your thoughts with respect to these two products and what features should be considered in making the final decision?

Windows on Washington

Re: Anlin Catalina vs Monteverde Bay View with upgrades

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not familiar with the "fire" codes down there.

Anlin seems to get pretty good reviews, but to be honest, its not a window that I have seen or know personally. Do you have some issues with sound? I know nothing about the other brand in comparison.

The window extrusions look to be about the same to be perfectly honest with you. Anlin gets the slight performance edge, but they look pretty identical.

max_m

Re: Anlin Catalina vs Monteverde Bay View with upgrades

#3 Post by max_m »

Anlin manufactures both the Catalina Series and the Monteverde Bay View. However, Monteverde products appear on a separate website. Unlike the Catalina series, the Bay View does not come standard with argon gas between the panels. Rather, it is an upgrade. I was thinking the sound upgrade made the Bay View almost equivalent to the Catalina windows.

The fire code issue is just a consequence of living in a very high fire hazard severity zone and having building codes which reflect the potential danger.