Need Replacement Windows, why is this so hard?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dlloyd50

Need Replacement Windows, why is this so hard?

#1 Post by dlloyd50 »

So I need to replace all the vinyl windows in my home. All I want is a good honest contractor who knows his business, covers my area, and will come out, look at the job, and quote a fair price. Nothing difficult. Except.....Seems I can't, for some reason, contact any of the window guys that post on here. Went to the request a quote, asked for interested contractors to give me their name and contact info and I would check them out, and if interested, I'd call them.

So far, all I've gotten is hundred of calls without anyone leaving a message. One text from some company on the other side of the country with no information on who they were, and zero emails. Why is this so hard?

By the way, if you are an honest window guy (I'm south of the city by the Philadelphia airport), I'm ready to replace all my windows. All you need to be is honest, have some good reviews, and pass a simple internet search for reviews. I don't need a sales job (I'm better at it than your best salesman anyway), just somebody who knows their product and tells it like it is.

Ricknez

Re: Need Replacement Windows, why is this so hard?

#2 Post by Ricknez »

Do you want a rep to come to your home, take measurements, and bring a sample in order to give you an accurate quote?
No one will give you a quote over the phone, its impossible and not a good business practice.

dlloyd50

#3 Post by dlloyd50 »

Ricknez

Exactly, that's what I want. Look at my house and windows, ask some pertinent questions regarding my needs, show me some options and explain the features and benefits, and their recommendation. Finally, quote me a price.

That's part of the problem. I get "well we have a sale on model x1000 and your price is $YYYYYY. Are you interesting in our low cost financing?".

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I might be able to help
I need to know what you currently have, what you think you want, some sizes and pictures.
You can check my references here with the pros or AL or google.
Another pro on the boards that serves your area is DE Mike. MIke is the only other guy I trust in our area.
wayne@thewindownerd.com

dlloyd50

#5 Post by dlloyd50 »

Wayne

Thanks for reaching out. I was considering calling you, but wasn't sure you would cover my area. In the meantime, I managed to connect with Delaware Mike, who came out pretty quick.

I'd like to let everyone know that Delaware Mike was exactly what I was looking for. A knowledgeable contractor who asked a lot of questions no one did, took a lot of measurements no one else did, and offered multiple options in windows with absolutely no pressure on which one I would pick.

I selected the OKNA 800 for my double hung windows, the reviews on this window are very good. Mike's pricing is right on target with what I was told to expect (ssshhhh, don't tell Mike, but his price was a few dollars less than what I was expecting to pay). He suggested the OKNA 500 hopper for my basement.

No games, no rush to act now, in fact, no real sales pitch at all. Just lots of questions, demonstration of different products, features and benefits, and provided a nice education of what to look for in a quality window. He handles a number of different manufacturers, so there are lots of options.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Good for you.
Mike will do a super job.
To be honest, and like you said shhh, Mike is under priced for all he does for his customers.
Tell Mike I said keep up the good work.

wayne theWindowNerd

NuSash

#7 Post by NuSash »

"No games, no rush to act now, in fact, no real sales pitch at all. Just lots of questions, demonstration of different products, features and benefits, and provided a nice education of what to look for in a quality window."

Cant ask for a better approach than that.
NuSash
installing windows since 1934

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Dude he already went with the best DE Mike.