Would Appreciate Your Opinion on this Quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
The Stiletto

Would Appreciate Your Opinion on this Quote

#1 Post by The Stiletto »

Hello all! I’d like to get some opinions on the following quote for Sunrise Restorations windows with Omega-12 low-e glass, no window grids or screens, full-frame installation in a brick veneer home (built in the Southern US in 1991). We’re talking about 18 windows, which include a 48x74 bay picture window (tempered glass), an entryway palladium round top 36x56 window, 2 10x56 vertical transoms, 9 double hung windows, and the following horizontal transoms: 1 48x10, 2 28x10, 2 24x10.

Dealer is a very reputable, no pressure company with excellent reputation for doing the job right and standing behind their work with a lifetime installation and labor warranty, including any work that might be required in support of the manufacturer’s warranty. Salesperson has been in the business for decades, is extremely knowledgeable, able to explain in precise detail exactly what will be done. Knows all of his product lines extremely well. Price I was quoted is $18,500. If I were to choose a pocket installation instead, price is $13,200.

Appreciate any thoughts you might care to share, this is a big investment for us at the moment.
Thanks, Tony.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Would Appreciate Your Opinion on this Quote

#2 Post by masterext »

pricing looks pretty reasonable to me.

The Stiletto

#3 Post by The Stiletto »

masterext wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:27 pm pricing looks pretty reasonable to me.
Thanks for the response, I greatly appreciate your input!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Same feedback on the green board as well.

The Stiletto

#5 Post by The Stiletto »

So I read some concerns this afternoon about issues with sash bowing and weak sills with Sunrise windows, and was just wondering if this is still a concern with their current Restorations line? Widest DH I'll have is 28", but I will also have a 48" wide picture window and a 36" wide round top palladium. Not sure if these concerns are a thing of the past and have been addressed in the current product, the ambient temps here in the Southeast can get close to 100 during the summer, higher in direct sun.
Thanks!

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Your DH are on the narrow side, so less an issue.
The picture window and radius top should not be an issus, they do not operate.

theWindowNerd.com

The Stiletto

#7 Post by The Stiletto »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:59 am Your DH are on the narrow side, so less an issue.
The picture window and radius top should not be an issue, they do not operate.

theWindowNerd.com
Ok, thank you for responding and clarifying the sash concerns. At what size of DH window would you say such a concern becomes warranted?

weapau

#8 Post by weapau »

The Stiletto wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:02 am
TheWindowNerd wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:59 am Your DH are on the narrow side, so less an issue.
The picture window and radius top should not be an issue, they do not operate.

theWindowNerd.com
Ok, thank you for responding and clarifying the sash concerns. At what size of DH window would you say such a concern becomes warranted?

I'd have this question too - I have some ~36 inch double hungs I need replaced.

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I begin to get concerned at 40"