Simonton 5500 vs Lindsay Pinnacle

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
taprxxt

Simonton 5500 vs Lindsay Pinnacle

#1 Post by taprxxt »

Looking at pocket replacement windows (10 double hung for second floor of the house, all same size). I live in the suburbs of Chicago. Company offering Simonton exclusively uses them. Company offering Lindsay also installs Pella and Marvin but swear the Lindsay Pinnacles are the way to go for vinyl based on build quality, the customer service and the fact there is a local facility close by in the event they need to contact anyone for anything. Quotes are below:

Lindsay Pinnacle $7,400 installed.
Simonton 5500 $6,300 installed.

I can find endless info on the Simonton's but Lindsay seems to have little in terms of reviews. What I liked about them are the sloped sill (and fully welded so no need for weep holes). From what I have read this is the preferred option but also more expensive to manufacture so not many companies do it. I saw both the 5500 and Lindsay's in person and both seem like decent windows. Lindsay appeared a bit nicer (metal hardware vs plastic, injected foam in the frames, fiberglass resin in certain chambers, etc.). I would also be losing less glass space with the Lindsay's. I'm not an expert in windows so not sure if all these features are worth the additional $1,100. Anyone have any thoughts on whether the pricing above is reasonable?

Other quotes I received were from a company that uses ClimateGuard windows (Chicago company) but I didn't see much on them online and in the few videos out there they appeared cheaper. Pella 250s were also quoted but the more I read about them they really aren't anything special (other than the name).

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Simonton 5500 vs Lindsay Pinnacle

#2 Post by masterext »

The Lindsay “ pinnacle” is a decent window and i prefer it over the simonton for a few reasons, particularly the sill design as well as extra features offered with the pinnacle. It a better window and better lookng.

taprxxt

Re: Simonton 5500 vs Lindsay Pinnacle

#3 Post by taprxxt »

masterext wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 am The Lindsay “ pinnacle” is a decent window and i prefer it over the simonton for a few reasons, particularly the sill design as well as extra features offered with the pinnacle. It a better window and better lookng.
Thanks for the input!