Cant find U factor of existing windows based on NFRC label

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bajinganin2

Cant find U factor of existing windows based on NFRC label

#1 Post by bajinganin2 »

I have double hung windows I inherited from previous owner of my house. I found the word SCHUCO written on one of the latches. I assume this is the brand. It seems like the company makes windows. I'm trying to put on new windows similar to our other windows in an area where previously no windows are installed. The problem is, I can't seem to find the U-Factor of my existing windows.

My existing windows has this kind of label attached on them.
20200617_230031.jpg
(227.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I went to NFRC.ORG website, but I can't seem to find the manufacturer. When I tried searching by the CPD code, sch-1-01801-m, it doesn't come up with anything. Googling that number doesn't result in anything as well.

Does anyone know how to find the U-factor of my existing windows?

Thank you!!

Windows on Washington

Re: Cant find U factor of existing windows based on NFRC label

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Schuco was a great window at the time, but is since defunct.

If memory serves me correctly, their U-Factors were right around the 0.30 number in dual pane.

What are the windows? Double or triple?

bajinganin2

#3 Post by bajinganin2 »

Looks like it's double. the picture looks like this. I don't really see (or know how to spot) an extra glass in the middle.
20200618_102958.jpg
(218.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

One would simply hold a lighter somewhat near the glass from the interior and count the reflections of the flame to obtain how many lites of glass that IGU has. That doesn't appear to be Schuco glass? Schuco glazed their windows with black spacer called TPS (Thermo Plastic Spacer). That spacer is double-glazed and appears to be an Edgetech Super Spacer as one can tell from the relief cuts in the corners to make the spacer have the 90-degree bend, TPS didn't need those relief cuts and was all black. Perhaps that window had a new glass pack installed? .30 would be about right on the spacer in double for Schuco with low-e & argon.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

0.28 to 0.32 is my guess for Double Pane.