Polaris? Vinylmax? NE Ohio Quote Questions

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Kennedy

Re: Polaris? Vinylmax? NE Ohio Quote Questions

#16 Post by Kennedy »

Bob74 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm
Kennedy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:04 pm Hey Bob,

I just had Polaris Thermalweld Plus triple pane windows put in last week. I'm in Parma and the work was done by Airko out of Rocky River. Jim at Airko was great to work with.
Where in NE Ohio are you?
Seven Hills. Mind if I ask how many windows you got installed and what your quote looked like?
Hey Bob. Shoot me an email clmojo@yahoo.com

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

Bob74 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:48 pm Got a second estimate yesterday.

Polaris ThermalWeld Plus - dual pane - $4500

Polaris ThermalWeld Plus - triple pane - $6200
For 10 windows?? Installed? Did he come to the door with a PBR in hand? I suppose maybe you have a glut of installers in your neck of the woods which has labor costs much lower than other parts of the country, that or these are craiglist installers working for nothing more than beer money.

Bob74

#18 Post by Bob74 »

HomeSealed wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:33 pm

For 10 windows?? Installed? Did he come to the door with a PBR in hand? I suppose maybe you have a glut of installers in your neck of the woods which has labor costs much lower than other parts of the country, that or these are craiglist installers working for nothing more than beer money.
Yes, 10 windows including installation. First quote came from a seemingly newer installer while this one has been around for seemingly 5 years now. Google reviews look good. BBB has no reports on them. They also look to be in good standing on Angie's List.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

Knowing what windows cost, what labor costs, and what it costs to run a sustainable company and service product and install for years down the road, I can't recommend a company that is priced like that. Maybe you'll get lucky though. The product is solid and its possible that you could get a good install (being a good installer and a good businessman/woman are two different things), I just can't imagine them being around for long.

toddinmn

#20 Post by toddinmn »

Lowest prices I have seen in quite some time. Make sure all the installation details Are the same. The triple paned seem quite high as compared to there dual panes, the dual panes are crazy low.
Keep in mind Polaris does really have standard packages. The window has many options that are built to order. This would be items such as low-e glass packages, window spacers, sash reinforcement and foam enhancement of frames and sashes. These choices will change performance values and cost. Even with the most basic options $45OO is super
Low.

cdwebb0

#21 Post by cdwebb0 »

Bob74 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:31 pm
HomeSealed wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Yes, 10 windows including installation. First quote came from a seemingly newer installer while this one has been around for seemingly 5 years now. Google reviews look good. BBB has no reports on them. They also look to be in good standing on Angie's List.
Hi Bob, I'm also in NEO (Akron). Did you end up getting the ThermalWeld+ installed? Do you mind sharing your installer and do you suggest them?