Which Window Is Better?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Canaligator

Re: Which Window Is Better?

#16 Post by Canaligator »

If not Harvey or Pella, what would be a better window that is available at a local supply house? Thank you.

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

Not sure where you are located, but mid-range (or better) models from Softlite, Sunrise, Provia, and Polaris are available through distribution in my neck of the woods. I'd choose those over the choices that you have. ABC supply, Richards Building Supply, Beacon, etc should have access to some of these.

Canaligator

#18 Post by Canaligator »

I have tried purchasing Soft-Lite and Sunrise without success. They will only sell me the windows if I have one of their installers complete the job. I already have some Soft-Lite Imperial’s which were installed 7 years ago. I love those windows and trust them so much that I would purchase 20 more of them and forfeit my warranty if they would just sell them to my contractor. I will look into Provia and Polaris and see if those are available. Thanks again for your help.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

If you contact the manufacturer they will direct you only to their preferred dealer/installers, and generally for good reason. That said, you might find luck by contacting the wholesale suppliers in your area. Provia and Polaris have some solid choices as well. The Provia in particular should be very easy to find, there are very few window/siding/roofing distributors that don't sell Provia products.

Ethan Connor

#20 Post by Ethan Connor »

Good or Bad depend on requirement. Each window has it's own advantages but I think in your case Harvey is the best option. :D :D