Pure Core Platinum windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Pure Core Platinum windows

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Based on the size and weight of the units= Sunrise.

runningman20

#17 Post by runningman20 »

Thanks everyone! Window shopping is exhausting :lol: I have the Soft-Lite dealer coming out in a week for a quote also, still haven't heard back about the tempered glass in the Sunrise window. I'll have to send another message

runningman20

#18 Post by runningman20 »

Another question, I have four of these large casements in my bedroom that faces south. It gets pretty warm in there during the summer. I see that Soft-lite has a solar glass with low e coating. Would that be something recommended for this application? Thanks!

runningman20

#19 Post by runningman20 »

Also, finally got clarification that these would be tempered. So it sounds like this is a good deal for these? Thanks!

Matt

Ricknez

#20 Post by Ricknez »

runningman20 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:51 am Also, finally got clarification that these would be tempered. So it sounds like this is a good deal for these? Thanks!

Matt
The question is, do you think its a good deal… We cant answer that question, thats up to you.

toddinmn

#21 Post by toddinmn »

I think the price is competitive considering the cost of tempered glass and casements cost more as well.
Every modern window should come with some type of Low-E Coating and argon. I would check and see what glass package you are getting . What did the Soft-Lite quote come in at?

runningman20

#22 Post by runningman20 »

That's the triple pane, argon and tempered glass with low e coating. Soft-Lite is coming out this afternoon so I'll have some numbers tonight! Thanks! Matt

runningman20

#23 Post by runningman20 »

Ricknez wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:47 pm
runningman20 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:51 am Also, finally got clarification that these would be tempered. So it sounds like this is a good deal for these? Thanks!

Matt
The question is, do you think its a good deal… We cant answer that question, thats up to you.
It all sounds expensive lol, I guess I'll have a better idea after I get the Soft-Lite quote.

Ricknez

#24 Post by Ricknez »

It all sounds expensive lol, I guess I'll have a better idea after I get the Soft-Lite quote.
[/quote]

If you never bought a nice suit before, you may think that was expensive. If you never bought a well made bicycle, you would think that was expensive. If you never bought a good fishing pole you would think that was expensive. Whenever you initially invest in quality, it seems expensive at first glance. Ironically the cheaper stuff winds up being the most expensive route in the long run.

runningman20

#25 Post by runningman20 »

Ricknez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:15 am It all sounds expensive lol, I guess I'll have a better idea after I get the Soft-Lite quote.
If you never bought a nice suit before, you may think that was expensive. If you never bought a well made bicycle, you would think that was expensive. If you never bought a good fishing pole you would think that was expensive. Whenever you initially invest in quality, it seems expensive at first glance. Ironically the cheaper stuff winds up being the most expensive route in the long run.
[/quote]

This is very true, I definitely want a quality product. I just want to make sure it's at a fair price so I appreciate all of your feedback!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#26 Post by masterext »

Great advice and examples above. I also agree with you when you say you want a “ fair price” which is much different than a cheap price.

toddinmn

#27 Post by toddinmn »

Analogies are always ridiculous on this forum, We all know Ricknez is comparing a suit from a thrift store to an off the the rack from Sears and hasn’t rode a bicycle in 10 years. I’ll give him the fishing pole comparison . I think you are on the right path since you are getting bids on some known good brands.

runningman20

#28 Post by runningman20 »

toddinmn wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:39 pm Analogies are always ridiculous on this forum, We all know Ricknez is comparing a suit from a thrift store to an off the the rack from Sears and hasn’t rode a bicycle in 10 years. I’ll give him the fishing pole comparison . I think you are on the right path since you are getting bids on some known good brands.
:lol: Thank you, Soft-Lite is coming out today. I had the wrong day so I'll have numbers later tonight hopefully!

Ricknez

#29 Post by Ricknez »

No Todd, my suits certainly dont come from a thrift shop or sears. I can only imagine what your wardrobe looks like. If only my imagination would allow me to conjure up that very amusing image.

toddinmn

#30 Post by toddinmn »

It’s a fine collage of Menards meets Christmas and birthday presents. Unfortunately Sears has closed hear.
Last edited by toddinmn on Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.