Pittsburgh Window Replacement

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pghwindows

Pittsburgh Window Replacement

#1 Post by pghwindows »

Looking for some advice about getting replacement windows (17 in total) for a 1980 home in Pittsburgh. I was originally thinking Softlite Elements but I was unable to find any dealers in my area. I was quoted for Softlite Imperials instead with the numbers below.

15 dh with full screens-black exterior/black interior & 2 hoppers w/ screens black exterior/white interior

Company 1: 22K

Company 2: 24K

I have a Marvin Infinity dealer in my area that I have yet to get a quote from but it seems from my research that their window performance is not as good as the Softlites and typically quotes are higher.

Just wondering if the quotes above are reasonable for the SoftLite Imperials and if anyone has any other recommendations for other window brands that do an interior/exterior black finish apart from Pella and Andersen?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Windows on Washington

Re: Pittsburgh Window Replacement

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Black interiors?

pghwindows

#3 Post by pghwindows »

Yes, the 15 dh windows would have black interiors as well as exteriors.

The 2 hoppers would have a white interior w/ a black exterior.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Didn't even know they were offering that option. If that is what you need, very few folks will do that in a vinyl product and Soft-Lite makes a good one.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Yes, that window has a foil laminate black interior option. Good window, nice feature. The pricing is good as well, those are some very pricey options. For a purchase of that magnitude, worry less about the $2k difference and more about which company you feel will do a better job and serve you better down the road... If you like the 22 guy better then that's just a bonus

pghwindows

#6 Post by pghwindows »

Great thank you both for your replies-very much appreciated!