Replacement cost

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
OSUM5

Replacement cost

#1 Post by OSUM5 »

Hello, can anyone give me a ballpark cost per window for DH windows in black? 35x55. Getting quoted like 1600 per window for Provia endure. I'm in Columbus Ohio. Thanks for your help.

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement cost

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tough to say across different areas, install types, and material specifications.

That said...the days of old are gone. Be sure to send your government a thank you letter.

A black window, especially with a non-wood out removal, will easily push solidly into the 4 digit territory.

Summary...your number doesn't seem outlandish at all.

Ricknez

#3 Post by Ricknez »

The government/ Biden administration is putting that money to good use. It's making hardworking window installers, electricians, plumbers, and iron workers pay for a bunch of useless college art, communication, and humanities degrees. What a smart move !

OSUM5

#4 Post by OSUM5 »

Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:20 am Tough to say across different areas, install types, and material specifications.

That said...the days of old are gone. Be sure to send your government a thank you letter.

A black window, especially with a non-wood out removal, will easily push solidly into the 4 digit territory.

Summary...your number doesn't seem outlandish at all.
Thanks for the reply. May just have to go with white. The added cost is tough to justify for me.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

The paint will bump it 25-30% in many cases. Just ask and see what it's worth to you.

OSUM5

#6 Post by OSUM5 »

Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:28 pm The paint will bump it 25-30% in many cases. Just ask and see what it's worth to you.
Ok that helps. I'm being quoted close to 50% for the color. 1600 for the window in black with 505 of it being for the color.