VinylMax replacement windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
HandySteve

VinylMax replacement windows

#1 Post by HandySteve »

We are trying VinylMax out for first time by recommendation through Lyf-Tym Building Supply in Hickory, NC. However, right out the gate, we received problems from Lyf-Tym regarding the order and what we received had 1 less grid plus was actually 1/4" smaller in size that what was ordered for our customer's jobsite. Irregardless, they and Vinylmax think we cannot use a tape measure nor see with our eyes either!

We now are in situation where we had to place new order (we demanded finish pictures from Vinylmax thru Lyf-Tym for this too), and took more wasted time to bring back this large picture window to Lyf-Tym so they can send back to VinylMax stating they have a return process and have to re-measure said window themselves before any credit can be given. Otherwise we will be charged for that screwed up window as well as the re-ordered new one. Nearly a $900.00 window.

As a contractor I am NOT happy with Lyf-Tym saying this, and waiting to see what VinylMax does, and are told we have to wait 2-3 weeks before receiving our new order, yet no changes can even be made within 1 business day on any order submitted to Vinylmax and this makes no sense hearing. :(

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: VinylMax replacement windows

#2 Post by masterext »

Welcome to the world of windows..
Whenever i order, i always get a print out of what the grid configuration would look like. Have them print you out something stating the appropriate configuration ( 5 across/ 5 down ) , contoured or flat ect...

HomeSealed

Re: VinylMax replacement windows

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on the grids. If it was not specified, manufacturers will have default arrangements in their ordering system. You would need to specify what you want. It is was specified and they made it wrong, then you deserve new windows.

On sizing, is 1/4" really a deal-breaker? That is 1/8" per side. I'm not sure that I have ever run into a situation where that would necessitate a new batch of windows.