Windows that can color match trim

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
LeakyWindows

Windows that can color match trim

#1 Post by LeakyWindows »

Can anyone suggest a window manufacturer that can produce windows (sash/frame and grids) that are colored to match the trim? I have HOA color requirements. I'm now finding that Okna and Revere windows do not color match. Thank you.

HomeSealed

Re: Windows that can color match trim

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Are you talking about the exterior (I assume so)? Okna most certainly will color match. Not sure about Revere

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Homeseal is correct, okna can match any color you want. just because the color isnt listed in their brochure doesnt mean they cant custom match it( they can).

LeakyWindows

#4 Post by LeakyWindows »

HomeSealed wrote:Are you talking about the exterior (I assume so)? Okna most certainly will color match. Not sure about Revere
Okna says they can match sash/frame parts, but not grid between glass. They can only color grids outside the glass (e.g. sld).

Revere cannot color match their windows to the frame.

So far, the ones that can color match windows and grids is Alside/Mezzo and the local Earthwise.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

You are correct on that, most manufacturers will not be able to match an exterior custom color on a gbg (grid between glass). My experience in dealing with many manufacturers is that a close standard color can be used, or SDL grids as you mentioned.

Something may not be accurate with the other info that you are receiving though. Revere and Alside are both AMI products (Berkshire Elite IS the Alside Mezzo), and should have the same options. If one can do it both should be able to, but I have my doubts. Sometimes a sales rep may either misunderstand your request, or worse, lie to you to get the sale and pull the 'ol switcharoo after the fact. I would definitely get a hard confirmation on the availability of a custom color on a gbg. Very uncommon.... Lastly, I'd be careful about letting an option like that dictate your product selection. If the color is a non-negotiable, consider spending the extra money for the sdl's, and or eliminate grids on some windows (not front facing) to offset that... Just a thought...

LeakyWindows

#6 Post by LeakyWindows »

HomeSealed wrote:You are correct on that, most manufacturers will not be able to match an exterior custom color on a gbg (grid between glass). My experience in dealing with many manufacturers is that a close standard color can be used, or SDL grids as you mentioned.

Something may not be accurate with the other info that you are receiving though. Revere and Alside are both AMI products (Berkshire Elite IS the Alside Mezzo), and should have the same options. If one can do it both should be able to, but I have my doubts. Sometimes a sales rep may either misunderstand your request, or worse, lie to you to get the sale and pull the 'ol switcharoo after the fact. I would definitely get a hard confirmation on the availability of a custom color on a gbg. Very uncommon.... Lastly, I'd be careful about letting an option like that dictate your product selection. If the color is a non-negotiable, consider spending the extra money for the sdl's, and or eliminate grids on some windows (not front facing) to offset that... Just a thought...
I really appreciate your comments. All of your points make a lot of sense. I'm going to consider SDL's. I also need to consider color for the soffit/under eaves I want to replace. I will need to color match that to the color selected for windows.