replacement windows review and recommendation NYC

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nestcker

replacement windows review and recommendation NYC

#1 Post by nestcker »

Hi - I am looking to replace 5 windows and a patio door in a rental unit of my house, none of them are standard measurements. I had my unit below the rental replaced with all aluminum material few years back, it's fine in the summer but in the winter season here in Queens NYC, heavy condensation are observed with heavy frosting and wet spots all around the inside of windows and on the inside sill, because of that I am hesitant to replace the rental unit above me with aluminum material also.

Because it's for rental unit, I am looking for something durable and can hold the weight of window AC units, I looked into Andersen 200 series, but was by told HomeDepot because the size are not standard, I will need to order the 400 series due to custom size, and the quote I got was well over $9,000 for all 5 windows (largest window will have 3 separate openings) and 1 patio from HomeDepot, no grill, double hung, and all white color, the quote does not including installation cost.

Any other window suggestions and dealers I should get quote from here in NYC is appreciated. I've read some of the other posts here, and I see Okna has good reviews, will look for a Okna certified dealers here in NYC. Any thoughts on Windsors and Pella? Given it's for rental unit and durability is most important, should I look for vinyl or other material?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Windows on Washington

Re: replacement windows review and recommendation NYC

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I have recommended a few folks to Major Homes and they've been pleased before.

nestcker

#3 Post by nestcker »

thanks, will reach out to them. What type of window material and from which window manufacturer would you recommend for replacement in a rental unit in NYC weather?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think they mostly deal in Okna vinyl, but they have other options as well.