Simonton window installer in Media Pa

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jim

Simonton window installer in Media Pa

#1 Post by Jim »

I have 25 DH windows to replace and I need to make a decision.

I would like to install the Simonton Reflections 5500 with Low E, Argon and Colonial contour grids. I would like to add the Super Spacer if affordable as many of you seem to think it is a worthwhile add on.

Most importantly, what is a reasonable install cost per window (ballpark)??
I have received quotes from 465 -538 per window on a $225 Window.
Install would be $240 to 313 PER WINDOW. I a thinking 200 is fair.
PLEASE ADVISE

I am new to the Media, Delaware County, PA area (from South Jersey).

Can anyone recommend a good installer?

Bill, are you out there?

Jim

JimR1998

Try getting a recommendation from the distributor?

#2 Post by JimR1998 »

I live in Broomall, just a few minutes from Media. I was getting too much of a sales pitch from the window companies, so I wound up calling the local Simonton distributor and getting a contractor recommendation from them.

You can see the prices I paid in the posts below, but it's going to be hard to compare because I got some very wide, multi-window units. I figure the install is a bit less than $200/window for the DH. For 25 windows, you should do much better than that. I think I got a good deal, unless someone here tells me otherwise. :-)

E-mail jreyno01@hotmail.com and I'll send you the contact info for my contractor. He's owns a small company that's been in business for 20 or so years, mainly roofing and siding but also doors & windows. He's pretty basic in the sense he recommends a good window (Simonton 5500) without a lot of add-ons, isn't going to suggest window layout changes, detailed estimates but not as detailed as an order sheet, etc. Make sure you specify exactly what you want: 5500 series LowE, Argon, grid style, Super Spacer(extra $30/window for me), etc.