"SIP" home new construction

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
traderjack

"SIP" home new construction

#1 Post by traderjack »

We are building a new home using Structurally Insulated Panels. These walls are standard thickness like 2X6 construction, however there are no window openings, I have to cut the openings myself. DW and I have been looking at windows. Looking at this forum, I never knew there were so many companies, however I see that many are regional. In California the trend seems to lean toward Milgard. Jeldwen is marketed heavily by Homedepot and some private glass companies. Other options are Alpine, Amsco and one or two others. From second hand experience I am staying away from Jeldwen. Any suggestions as we have to think about ordering soon. One glass company has a number of "boneyard" windows alpine and Milgard new with factory warranty at a steep discount. Any experiences with any of the brands mentioned? We are finalizing the floor plans tomorrow and will order windows within a few weeks.

traderjack

#2 Post by traderjack »

We have the floor plans done and looked at SOME MORE :roll: windows :roll: . Went to Banks Glass in Jamestown (Calif.). Good product and will compare prices. They also carry Anderson. So it is now between Milgard Alpine, Amsco, Simonton and Anderson. Any reply would be appreciated, Thanks in advance for any help, Jack