PLEASE HELP THIS WINDOW NOVICE

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tgtrim

#16 Post by tgtrim »

The window sizes are as follows:

(7) 36x56 Double Hungs
(2) 30x56 Double Hungs
(2) 28x48 Double Hungs
(1) 22x56 Double Hung
(1) 28x40 Double Hung
(1) 72x56 Picture Window

All were beige in color with standard grids, triple pane (except picture window which was double due to it's size), krypton gas and single pane low e coating. The price for the complete package was $8500.00 after a $300.00 credit for the mix up. This price included everything (capping, installation, removal of old windows, etc). Delaware Mike informed me that the low e coating on the second pane was worth about $700.00, so I thought a $300 credit was fair.

Tom

kellsbells

#17 Post by kellsbells »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It has been very helpful. It looks like United Window and Advanced Window Concepts are the only choices for Schuco in this area so I am going to check them both out. If for no other reason than to have a comparison. United has a satisfactory rating on BBB but BBB has nothing on AWC. Tgtrim gives them a good review so I wouldn't rule them out, but given the scary reviews on the link provided by slider71 I will try to check them out a little more thoroughly if I think I might be leaning towards them. It might just turn out that Schuco is out of my league anyway, but I hope not.

It looks like my other project will be finished this week so I am going to start setting up appointments Monday morning. Meanwhile if anyone else has any input I am always open to it. When I get all my quotes together I'm sure I will be back here because I am really overwhelmed by all this.

tgtrim

#18 Post by tgtrim »

Kellsbells

I checked out AWC before I called them for my quote. See below:

http://mybbb.org/report.html?ID=164905952&wlcl=y

Tom

kellsbells

#19 Post by kellsbells »

Thanks tgtrim. I did get that report. But check out the link posted by slider71 on page one of this post.......pretty scary. But seeing as I don't have many choices for Schuco I have them coming out Wed. morning, but plan to be very cautious with them. I also called United....they can't come out until next week.