Marvin Infinity

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jlowen

Marvin Infinity

#1 Post by jlowen »

About 6 months ago, I went through the window selection process and compared Pell Impervia with Marvin Infinity, Shuco Corona series, RBW and a few others. I ended up with Marvin Infinity and really like them. They replaced aluminum windows and perform much better than the original builder grade windows. The only negative is that the window is much deeper than the original window. The aluminum windows were about 2 inches deep and the Marvin's are about 3.75 to 4.00 inches deep. It definitely limits the amount of space for blinds (inside mount) and other window coverings. I have a few more windows to replace on the other side of the house and was curious if all vinyl/fiberglass windows will have the same issue. I am assuming that using aluminum as a replacement would be a bad idea unless there are good aluminimum windows with thermal breaks. Any information to help me decide which way to go on the rest would be appreciated.
John

Paul Tillson

#2 Post by Paul Tillson »

Don Young makes a good thermally broken aluminum window.