Milgard Window problems

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ericb

Milgard Window problems

#1 Post by ericb »

Needing help!!!! I purchased and installed new Milgard, Custom sized Horizontal slider DG glazed, Style Line Clr Le Vinyl window. They look great and operate great. the problem is when we get rain, rain water runs down the outside of the window (apparently, dumb statement) and comes in the inside of the house along the lower track that the window slides on. They also freeze in the winter along the lower edge of the windows. A service man took one window out of the frame and turned it around. this didn't work. these window's have fairly cheap looking weather stripping (hairy looking felt) and I feel the weather stripping needs replaced on all the windows because all the windows are doing this. appreciate all responses because I am getting the run around with the service department in Denver. they state the windows are designed to do this and it is common. Every consumer report on windows that I've read state that all windows should block all rain up to a 50 MPH wind. thanks.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

The design of most sliding windows will allow water to get into the outside track and run off down through the sill and outside. Your windows don't sound like there weeping properly. An excessive down pour could create problems in most any slider, but I think your problems are weep related. Milgard should be handling this more professionally and faster they do have a very good warranty, make them implement it.