Performance rating number range in budget &mid level win

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
MrC

Performance rating number range in budget &mid level win

#1 Post by MrC »

The more I research the more frustrated I get. There are so many things to compare with so many window companies. To make this easier I figured it would be easier to look at windows that that met a certain performance rating range then narrow choices from them. What range would you suggest looking for in mid level windows and budget level windows?

U-Factor
R-Value
SHGC
VT
AL
Condensation Resistance

Also could you recommend budget and mid level windows?
THANKS!!!

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

Please clarify. Most windows we consider premium are really only mid-level. When you throw the word "budget" out it gets really sticky. It seems you want value which is basically getting what something is worth. The values you ask for are regionally dependant and no one knows what part of the world you are in. Uvalue and SHGC are what most focus on. VT only comes into play if you have a nice lake view, etc...

MrC

#3 Post by MrC »

I'm located in South Jersey. I've seen really nice windows at I'm sure a really good price but we are in a situation were we are more likely to be out of our current home in 2-3 years. I guess I'm looking for the best bang for the buck for someone living in a home for no more than 2-3 years. Your right I want to get what something is worth. I don't know what models in each window company offers me this.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

So, you're going to buy cheap low-end windows because you're only going to live there 2-3 years, then you're going to tear the house down?

MrC

#5 Post by MrC »

Looking at the Reflection line.