American Craftsman NOT available at Home Depot???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
msimon21

American Craftsman NOT available at Home Depot???

#1 Post by msimon21 »

so this is odd. i went to HD just to check out the AC windows for myself. went to the windows dept., asked about the AC line and the guy said he never heard of AC. asked for simonton and got the same reply. i took the HD catalog, showed him the AC logo and he said it was odd because he has never heard of them. he checked the computer and it only showed andersen, jeldwen and mil-something. i live in the bay area. does HD carry certain names in only certain regions?

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

A/C AKA Silverline by Andersen will be available in every HD in the U.S. shortly. Presently the facilities are not available to ship to the west coast without hassle. Andersen has some big plans for the Silverline window, but it's still pretty close to the bottom in basic quality. They make a series called the 1200 which is just like the Wenco which was bought by Jeldwin..........both so cheap they should not be sold and a 9500 series which is a big improvement over the 1200 but still on the lower end of the window spectrum as far as quality goes.
Don't be surprised to see most HD's switching entirely to Andersen.
The Simonton at HD is for their in home sales only and cannot be sold without installation.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

I would think to see Jeld-Wen going more east. Not the other way around. They just took over all of the door business a HD from Masonite and is HD largest millwork vendor now.

Silverline has been trying to recuit management for a plant in California and is having trouble. Do not think you will see Silverline out here for a while.