I need help with window replacement quotes

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bignick

I need help with window replacement quotes

#1 Post by bignick »

I have 3 quotes for replacement of 17 dh windows and cap outside with PVC coil:
1. Local Company called Gragan & Son- Simonton Platinum windows $7900.00
2. Clear Choice- Vista windows $5010.00
3. Local Company called Metropolitan Siding and Windows- Alside Excalibur windows $6400.00

Which quote do you believe would be the best Option.

jsmomo

Re: I need help with window replacement quotes

#2 Post by jsmomo »

imo i think the alside excalibur is a low end window . i use to install for metro they use to use the vytex window . i do think imo the vista window compares to the simonton . from what i know about gragan the are a glass company windshields , storefront ect. i had a guy that use to work for me go to gragan and he was back in less the a week . hope this helps some

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Simonton product is the best of that crop and is $1500 superior to the Excalibur. I can't say whether or not is is really 50% better than the Vista but that tough to quantify. What installer were you most comfortable with? Who had the better references? License, insurance, etc.?

bignick

#4 Post by bignick »

I have been told that Simonton does not make windows with tan exterior and white interior. Do you know of any quality window companies that make tan exterior and white interior? The only two companies I know of are Vista windows and Alside.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Sunrise and Softlite do. Sunrise does it with a co-extrusion and Softlite with an exterior laminate. Both are good systems and the finishes are lifetime warrantied.
Many other companies such as Gorell and Polaris (to name a couple) do so with a paint coating, but I would choose a laminate or co-extrusion if one was available to you. The painted window finishes are not as durable and only have 10 year warranties.

bignick

#6 Post by bignick »

Has anybody had experience with Windows Nation?