Does Comfort world 6000 Qualify for tax rebate???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Newhomeowner08

Does Comfort world 6000 Qualify for tax rebate???

#1 Post by Newhomeowner08 »

I just talked to a rep at AMI who supposedly deals the comfortworld windows he said that the ultramax and the sheffield one of which is the comfortworld 6000 have a NFRC rating of .3 can anyone verify this??? If so Does this mean it qualifies for the tax credit??? That is for the low e argon gas double hung version.........

Windows on Washington

Re: Does Comfort world 6000 Qualify for tax rebate???

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Spacer type...? Low-e or Low-e 2?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The same window can be tested dozens of times with different variables in glass and options and thus have many U-Value results on the NFRC site. They do have tested window models on the NFRC site low enough to qualify. They also have plenty that don't. Whether you get one that does is up to you by specifying the U-value and SHGC on the contract, and then checking the NFRC stickers on the windows when they come in. All NFRC tested windows have to have the sticker, so don't let anyone pull a fast one on you by saying the windows didn't come with them.

On the same topic, I just talked to a guy who called to say he was going with me on a job. He said one of the other company's salesman told him his window qualified for the new tax credit and then showed him the Energy Star chart showing .35 and how his window qualified because it's a .33 It doesn't.

There's going to be a lot of deception this year in the window business I am afraid.
Last edited by Window4U (IL) on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsmomo

#4 Post by jsmomo »

i agree with u w4u it going to get real crazy with alot of lies

Newhomeowner08

#5 Post by Newhomeowner08 »

low e with argon gas and an intercept spacer

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am going to venture a guess and say probably not.

advanced_energy

#7 Post by advanced_energy »

just because a window has lowE-argon-and warm edge spacer DOES not mean it will qualify for the rebate. in fact most windows that are double pane will not with the exception of a few.
a few of the higher end windows we discuss will but most will have to be double pane. i will refrain from mentioning specific companies due to the spam policies on this site;which i respect.

advanced_energy

#8 Post by advanced_energy »

i meant most will have to be triple pane.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

advanced_energy wrote:just because a window has lowE-argon-and warm edge spacer DOES not mean it will qualify for the rebate. in fact most windows that are double pane will not with the exception of a few.
a few of the higher end windows we discuss will but most will have to be double pane. i will refrain from mentioning specific companies due to the spam policies on this site;which i respect.

There's nothing wrong with mentioning brands within a post as long as you are giving informative advice. Many homeowners may like to know which brands qualify for this rebate, so your info in this case would be very informative. Nothing wrong with that.

If you as a pro see a product with great numbers, a new feature you've seen, or anything else interesting, feel free to talk about it. All the board rules are meant to do is to stop people (usually new 'drive-by' posters) from advertising with the express intent of skimming business off this site. If someone wants more business there are services pros can sign up for here which support the site and helps keep this valuable homeowner resource on the internet.

Newhomeowner08

#10 Post by Newhomeowner08 »

Just got Conformation that my windows do qualify at .30 u factor and an shgc of .27 the model this company uses for their comfortworld 6000 is the Alside sheffield with the climatech package with low e and argon.......At $300/window installed i think im getting a hell of a deal.....ill post more when they install.......

Newhomeowner09

#11 Post by Newhomeowner09 »

Well today was the big day I had my 5 Double Hung Window World; Comfortworld 6000's installed. The particular model Window World of West Michigan uses for their 6000 is the Alside Sheffield with the slopped sill. I upgraded to the Low e Argon package. I also opted for the Climatech glass package. This brings the window to a U-Factor of .30 an SHGC of .27 and a VT of .51. Which qualifies them for the 2009-10 tax credit............Overall I am pleased with the product. I was told to be wary of the sheffield because of loss of glass, but on my windows (36x45) I don't really notice to big of a loss (Though I can see how it might be too much when using the sheffield for a smaller window). The window appears to have quiet a beefey frame and looks quite solid. Since the install I have noticed a significant drop in outside noise transfer as well. I like the looks from both the inside and outside. The Install was performed by Mike from Window World of West Michigan- Kalamazoo Branch. He was efficient and cleanly, he laid down a mat and also vacuumed when finished. I was warned to watch for janky installs from WW but he appeared to do quite a good job; though I think I could have done it myself and I think I will for the rest of the windows.......But anyways, he caulked inside and outside and also insulated the gaps with fiberglass insulation. He didn't break any glass when removing the windows he took his time and obviously a certain level of pride in his work. The only problem we ran into with the install was that one of the windows (previously had A/C unit in it) had a rotten sill, so that cost me an additional $30 bucks. Only complaint I have about the install was that he didn't wrap that sill that he replaced and it doesn't look very aesthetically appealing ($60 to have done). But I think that's something I can fix. I paid a Total of $1540 dollars with tax and the additional sill. That breaks down to $308/window. Now I know the tax credit only covers windows and not the install but hypothetically........ With the windows qualifying for the new tax credit I could get a potential $453 back which would bring the window price down to $217 apiece. Through my research I have seen people quoted in upwards of $450-500+ for the same window....... I would definitely recommend Window World of West Michigan -Kalamazoo Branch to anybody looking for a Fiscally Friendly Efficient Window with a Quality install . Kudos WW
Attachments
1111.jpg
1 of my new ComfortWorld 6000's (Sheffield)
(24.17 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

jsmomo

#12 Post by jsmomo »

can u post a pic of of the capping u have to deduct the cost of any labor on the contract the tax credit is for material only