HELP buying new windows windowizard 0r subcontr

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jax0408

HELP buying new windows windowizard 0r subcontr

#1 Post by jax0408 »

I am in the market for new window for my house. I currently hace 8 windows that will be replaced approx size 36X54 all with flat grids, DH, vinyl.

So far I got two quotes third one coming today.

Windowizard(bristol PA) Comfort Weld series power lift, foam-insulated extrusions, U-factor .25=$3800.00 includes installation and full lifetime warranty on install and window.

local Contractor- Dove 2000 Plus u-factor .299,
http://www.dovewindows.com/pdfs/M2000plus.pdf
includes lifetime on window but not installation, seen work done good installation.
price $3400.00

So I am looking to get energy rebate as well as a quality product and install. It seams comfort weld window is a solid window but i do not know how thier installation is, the saleman told me they do not subcontract out. The other window the dove seems like a nice window but not as nice as comfortweld.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a lost and do not want to sign a contract uninformed.

Thanks in advance
James

denmick

Re: HELP buying new windows windowizard 0r subcontr

#2 Post by denmick »

To get the energy credit you need the windows to be U factor of 30 or less and the shgc to be 30 or less. I would look at other posts for quality window mfg. the tax credit is $1500 and to get the max you would have to spend $5000. The credit is 30% and so on $3400 you would get back when you do your 2009 tax return $1020

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Last edited by Delaware Mike on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fallofrain

#4 Post by fallofrain »

Hi James. I'm curious what you ended up going with and also with your quote for Comfortweld windows.

Would you mind sharing the price per window you were quoted?

I just got a quote for 6 windows for around the same price total and was told there was a buy two get one free promotion. It's been difficult to price windows.

Thanks in advance.