Window pricing

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
3rdstone

Window pricing

#1 Post by 3rdstone »

Window pricing help please. Just got a quote from windowwizards for 15 double hung comfort welds for $9490.00. This is with a buy two get one free sale. Are these windows any good and is this price realistic. Thanks.

Skydawggy

Re: Window pricing

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

3rdstone wrote:Window pricing help please. Just got a quote from windowwizards for 15 double hung comfort welds for $9490.00. This is with a buy two get one free sale. Are these windows any good and is this price realistic. Thanks.
The purpose of this site is not to price shop windows. If you are uncomfortable with the price you were given, then seek more estimates. If you want advice on what to look for in a quality window, installation etc. then you have found the right place. Welcome!

3rdstone

#3 Post by 3rdstone »

Sorry. I guess I'm in the wrong place. Please disregard my questions. Thanks again.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

You need to get a couple of estimates and then do some research on each manufacturer of the windows and reputation of the window dealer. They all are going to sound great and have the best window. You can keep coming back to this site with additional quotes and questions as you become more informed. Options on your windows such as the color, double vs. triple-glazing, grids, and how difficult your installation can really change the price of a window project.

Search some previous post on Window Wizards. Window Wizards is not a manufacturer. They have other manufacturers create brochures for them that omit the real manufacture so you cannot comparsion shop, kind of like the mattress stores. If they show their composite window made by OKNA, you are going to get a good window. But, you are going to pay a premium price for. All those radio and TV ads don't come cheap.

Good Luck.

jsmomo

#5 Post by jsmomo »

not to insult u but that come to $949.00 per window. u are not really getting the third window for free. accuweld windows aren't rated very well here. i'm not familiar with them. ask yourself do u feel like that is a good price
Last edited by jsmomo on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skydawggy

#6 Post by Skydawggy »

3rdstone wrote:Sorry. I guess I'm in the wrong place. Please disregard my questions. Thanks again.
I think you misunderstood what I said. If you would like to get information on how to find the right window for you, then this is great place to ask those questions and to get advice. The advice given to you so far should be an indication that you should do a little more shopping around. If you take the time to do that, then you would be able to answer your own questions about price.

buddy110

#7 Post by buddy110 »

jsmomo wrote:not to insult u but that come to $949.00 per window. u are not really getting the third window for free. accuweld windows aren't rated very well here. i'm not familiar with them. ask yourself do u feel like that is a good price
You must have misread the OP's quote He/she was quoted $9,490 for 15 DH's. That's $632.67 per window :D

jsmomo

#8 Post by jsmomo »

he is only buying 10 windows he is supposedly getting 5 free

buddy110

#9 Post by buddy110 »

jsmomo wrote:he is only buying 10 windows he is supposedly getting 5 free
No matter how you look at it he's still getting 15 windows for $9490.00. I agree it's a gimmick but...

JackS1

#10 Post by JackS1 »

buddy110 wrote:
No matter how you look at it he's still getting 15 windows for $9490.00. I agree it's a gimmick but...
No matter how you look at it he was dealing with a lying sales person. It was a fake sale. I would get quotes from other companies willing to tell the truth.

buddy110

#11 Post by buddy110 »

JackS1 wrote:
buddy110 wrote:
No matter how you look at it he was dealing with a lying sales person. It was a fake sale. I would get quotes from other companies willing to tell the truth.
I won't argue with this. :mrgreen: I just didn't want to be the one to say it :P

3rdstone

#12 Post by 3rdstone »

I am in southeast pa. I could certainly see that they were really charging $949.00 per window . I guess I was just hoping someone from this area could steer me in a better direction.

buddy110

#13 Post by buddy110 »

3rdstone wrote:I am in southeast pa. I could certainly see that they were really charging $949.00 per window . I guess I was just hoping someone from this area could steer me in a better direction.

Look for:
Simonton
Gorell
Okna and
Soft lite dealers.

Not in any particular order. Thjey are all high quality products backed by great companies.

3rdstone

#14 Post by 3rdstone »

I talked to a fairly local installer today and he said they were having problems with the soft lite element model. I was looking at it on their web site and it looked very good. He said he could install the barrington, for about $600. . I guess the element must be really expensive.

Skydawggy

#15 Post by Skydawggy »

3rdstone wrote:I am in southeast pa. I could certainly see that they were really charging $949.00 per window . I guess I was just hoping someone from this area could steer me in a better direction.
You are very fortunate to be living in SE PA. b/c there are many window manufacturers in your area. Some of the brands the Pro's on this site like are Gorell, Simonton, Okna, Softlite and Great Lakes to name just a few. I'd start by deciding how much you have to spend on windows. For $7-9k you can get a pretty good quality window installed. Part of your decision tree should be personal taste in window design, energy efficiency, warranty, installation quality and dealer reputation. You just need to talk to a few dealers and find out what they recommend and why. We will help you sort through the chafe and find the right window for you at a reasonable price.