I need Shuco Warranty details

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Allan Buck

I need Shuco Warranty details

#1 Post by Allan Buck »

I just purchased, had installed and paid for shuco windows (8 DH Corona 4000, triple pane w/ krypton, one bow window and one picture window). 2 days after payment we have noticed a hairline crack on the inside pane of a 4 light bow window.

How is a crack like this handled? Installation or Shuco warranty? I can not find a complete Shuco warranty anywhere.

Thanks,
Allan

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

This is a condition that happens in all brands. It's called a stress crack.

It comes from a microscopic fissure in the glass not detectable through assembly line inspection.
If you are going to have a stress crack ever, it will normally be in the first few months.... normally with variations in temperature.

You don't even need to invoke the warranty. All companies I have ever used cover these stress cracks with no questions asked, including Schuco.

Call your dealer and tell him and he will order a new sash. When it comes in, the serviceman will tilt the old sash out, and tilt the new sash in. It takes about 30 seconds and you are done.