Replacement windows in Indianapolis

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jewelburress

Replacement windows in Indianapolis

#1 Post by jewelburress »

Okay, I have 6 sliding windows that need replaced. One estimate is from Window World for $3684 for Comfort World windows made by AMI - one from a local company for $2800 for Alsides Trademark 8000 window which I did not find any information on my google search but both companies say they qualify for the energy tax credit. A third estimate from another local company is for the Alside Centurian for $2783 not qualify for the tax credit and the Alside Excalibur for $4398 which does qualify for the tax credit. The reviews I've read are not favorable for the Alside. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have aluminum windows that need replaced but I do not want to get ripped off. Thanks for your assistance.

HomeSealed

Re: Replacement windows in Indianapolis

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I would encourage you to search online reviews before calling feldco. I'm not a big fan of their pocket sill- Thermal Industries window, and there is a fair amount of negative sentiment about the company in general. I have no vedetta against them; they offer a "fair" product at a decent price, but just do some research first.

jewelburress

#3 Post by jewelburress »

Thanks, I already called Feldco because they were offering a buy one get one free window. What a joke? When the sales rep got here he asked if I was interested in the tax credit and I told him I had saw the ad about buy one get one free. He advised me that those did not qualify for the credit but the Sophia line did. I told him to go ahead and shoot me a price on the buy one get one free. He went outside and said he was calling the installation manager to ask a question and he would be right back. He came back in and gave me a price of around $3400. I asked if this was for the buy one get one free and he advised me that there was not that much difference in price between the buy one get one free and the Sophia line so he was just going to price that one instead. What a scam?

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Unique window was also mentioned. Personally I know nothing about them, but they are mentioned here: http://www.replacement-windows.com/wind ... f=1&t=4023