Replacement Windows- Home Craftsman vs Gulf Coast Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tysouth

Replacement Windows- Home Craftsman vs Gulf Coast Windows

#1 Post by tysouth »

I am also new to this board and looking for your advice and comments.

I have learned much from reading various posts here - thanks to all.

My question - I received some quotes from 2 companies in Houston for 15 replacement windows on my home. One quote was from Wonderful Windows - they offerred the Home Craftsman Series 8100 window (single-hung) - Super Power Pane lowE Argon - SHGC of .18. I received another bid from Gulf Coast Windows - this one was for their exclusive brand windows made by AMI - it was about 45% higher - it did have a very good lifetime, transferable warranty. Windows were also lowE Argon - SHGC of .3 - double hung.

Does anyone have experience with either of these brands of windows or companies? How long does the lowE coating last in the windows? Does it deteriorate after time? How long? Does the Argon gas also disappear after time?

customex

#2 Post by customex »

You have received quotes from the two extremes, one too high and one too low. I would recommend that you utilize the "get a quote" service provided by this site to get a middle of the road company.

Gulf Coast Windows is extremely large, but overpriced for what they deliver, and enough has already been said on this site about the window companies that advertise any window for $189.00. Stay away from them if you value your home.

Good luck to you.