Replacement of Windows - Which Window to Choose

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
flobonaparte

Re: Replacement of Windows - Which Window to Choose

#31 Post by flobonaparte »

I have asked for all white and the price dropped to $6k. I have never seen the Soft-lite Element. Is that better than the Imperial and OKNA? Also what is the 500?

Windows on Washington

#32 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Elements is slightly better than the Imperial LS and certainly prettier.

Most often times, the comparison among the brands would look like:

Okna 800 (EnviroStar) = Soft-Lite Elements

Okna 500 (Insul-Tec) = Soft-Lite Imperial LS

flobonaparte

#33 Post by flobonaparte »

Thank you for the comparison. Now of the OKNA and Element which has the best performance, efficiency and best price?

TheWindowNerd

#34 Post by TheWindowNerd »

My vote would be for the OKna.

Delaware Mike

#35 Post by Delaware Mike »

Flip a coin. If you were to poll 100 people you would get equal results split evenly. I install both on a daily basis and tend to prefer the 800dx primarily due to the metal lift handles which give the window a very sexy and elegant look over run of the mill "me too" vinyl lift rails. Each of these windows has a slight pro and con verses each other and at the end of the day you can't wrong with either.

I'd base my decision if I where a consumer upon price/value, dealer labor warranty including service, and installation.

flobonaparte

#36 Post by flobonaparte »

I did look at the Elements on the Internet and I did see it is very pretty like the OKNA but any idea on the price range and who sells it?

TheWindowNerd

#37 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would expect the Elements to be a minimum of $75 more each than the LS.
DE Mike might be able to do your project depending on exactly where the project is.
Also Windows on Washington may have access to Elements, for sure the 800DX. Eric and his team are excellent.

Windows on Washington

#38 Post by Windows on Washington »

We don't sell the Elements.

I don't think you can do better than what you have quoted there in the Okna 800 price. That is pretty close to as good as you will see it.

windowhelp2

#39 Post by windowhelp2 »

Flobonaparte......can you let know what you decided on your windows and who you used? I'm looking at Okna and Soft-lite and would love to hear your outcome and opinion, who installed for you and if you were happy with the purchase. I would love to get another Okna quote and you seem to have gotten a really good one!

flobonaparte

#40 Post by flobonaparte »

I am leaning towards OKNA and I have a lower price from Windows on Washington. I have decided on the white hardware so I Have emailed John to price me on that. I will come back and let you know the cost and when installation will take place.

flobonaparte

#41 Post by flobonaparte »

Windowhelp2 - I was going to buy the soft lite imperial LS triple pane from BGE home for $5400 for 10?windows but when I added entry door and storm door I decided to go with the OKNA because of the cost.

windowhelp2

#42 Post by windowhelp2 »

Thank you so much. I appreciate the info on the model you decide on, pricing, your opinion, and experience. I have 34 windows to replace, so it is a big job I believe and costly in my opinion. I am only going to be here about 10 years I don't want to break the bank, but I also don't want to purchase windows that are junk.