Soft-lite barrington or Polaris Ultraweld

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Gypsyrose

Soft-lite barrington or Polaris Ultraweld

#1 Post by Gypsyrose »

Live in SW OH and recently received two quotes for windows. One for soft-lite barrington and the other for polaris ultraweld. The polaris is roughly $200 cheaper. However I recently asked the polaris installer to give me a price on SS spacer and foam filled. The soft-lite contractor quoted me for a super spacer and not a SS spacer. Confused as to what window to go w/. Suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

HomeSealed

Re: Soft-lite barrington or Polaris Ultraweld

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Both are solid choices, although the Barrignton is a bit lower on the Softlite totem pole. With upgraded spacer, I'd probably pick the UW. If the SL dealer has access to the LS or Elements, my recommendation would change.
Lastly, take the installation and dealer into heavy consideration as well. If you feel like one company would do a better job, is more trustworthy, etc, that could push this either way as well.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

In their respective line ups, the UW should be compared with the LS from Soft-Lite.

HomeSealed's other feedback is spot on.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

I’d ask for a price on the Polaris Thermalweld plus if they are double hungs or sliders if casements they’ll be very similar in quality and performance.