Anyone heard of NWAS?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
wsteve

Anyone heard of NWAS?

#1 Post by wsteve »

There called the National Window Advisory Service (NWAS). Anyone on this board familiar with this organization. They are supposed to help you weed through all the B.S. from window salesmen and help one choose the right windows for their house. I'm asking because this is a big project for me and my wife and we just want to be treated fairly. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Wayne

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

They are not an independent organization like the NFRC. They are doing this for profit.
They are affiliated with Vista Windows to try and hook you up with a Vista window dealer.
You are better off with this site for doing your research.

wsteve

#3 Post by wsteve »

Window4U (IL) wrote:They are not an independent organization like the NFRC. They are doing this for profit.
They are affiliated with Vista Windows to try and hook you up with a Vista window dealer.
You are better off with this site for doing your research.
Thank you. That's good to know.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

Actually, being a member of NWAS, we are not associated with Vista. Dan Taylor, who was the president of Vista stepped down to head and start NWAS. Most dealers associated do sell Vista windows but many sell others too. The connection to Vista is obvious, since Dan was with Vista to begin with, it's where he started looking for asoociation members.
NWAS is new, and still has some bugs, but they are headed in the right direction and are the real deal.