Any experience with Viwinco Cambridge series?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sprout

Any experience with Viwinco Cambridge series?

#1 Post by sprout »

We live in Northern Virginia and are planning to replace 26 windows (over 20 years old) with vinyl, double hung windows. I am currently leaning toward the Viwinco Cambridge series. The installer quoted $420/window (including installation). We are also considering the Simonton 5500 series ($550/window through a local window company).

From what I've read on this forum it seems these windows are pretty comparable in terms of quality, design and reputation. Someone recently commented that Simonton seems to have better customer service but other than that, I can't seem to find any difference between them. Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice or experience with Viwinco. I like the idea of spending $420/window vs. $550 if these windows are pretty comparable.

thanks for any info -

randy

Re: Any experience with Viwinco Cambridge series?

#2 Post by randy »

The Simonton 5500 is a good window. Never heard of the Viwinco Cambridge, however, there's a regular pro here that serves your area. I'm sure he's very familiar with both products and I would highly recommend giving him an opportunity to serve you. Windows on Washington can be reached by clicking on the "contact" button at the bottom of one of his posts.

There's no one better in the DC area!

Integra

Re: Any experience with Viwinco Cambridge series?

#3 Post by Integra »

I would strongly reconsider the Simonton. I'm sure you can get a more competitive price on the 5500, or ask your Viwinco guy for a price on Simontons. I'd be willing to bet that the distributor who he buys them from also offers the Simontons. I'm not a fan of Viwinco's at all. Their quality control is inconsistent, and their customer service on warranty issues sucks. Simonton's quality is very consistent, and they back their products better than anyone out there. Simonton also has the financial resources to weather almost any economic storm - which should be a strong consideration during times like these.

I agree with Randy - talk to WoW. He's a true professional and will lead you in the right direction.