Red Neck Aluminum Frame Window Puller

For those self-installers
Texwindow

Red Neck Aluminum Frame Window Puller

#1 Post by Texwindow »

I made this window frame puller out of wood, due to lack of acess to a welder. I have pulled three window frame with it and it worked great. Beats prying with crow bars and nail pullers. No broken brick or sheet rock. I put a towel under the base of the puller and on top of the sheet rock window seal and pull.

http://community.webshots.com/album/578102966HPmpYb

Skydawggy

Re: Red Neck Aluminum Frame Window Puller

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

OK...................where are youi going with this? Looking for investors?

Texwindow

#3 Post by Texwindow »

No, I am not looking for investors. I think someone has a pattent on something similar to it anyhow. I got the idea from a similar tool I saw on the web. Rather than buy one I just made one and it works. I just posted it for other DIY's. It may be helpful to someone who is haveing to remove aluminum window frames from a house with brick veneer, like myself. :wink:
Last edited by Texwindow on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

One can see the video of the welded steel version on Youtube. Looks pretty neat for certain applications. I think that they have two different sized models now. For now, I'll keep doing the old way, with my teeth. My terrier taught me how. :lol:

Texwindow

#5 Post by Texwindow »

Hey Mike, I wish you were my neighbor I cant get any of my neighbors to help remove or install windows, you would come in handy.