Okna Reviews Missing?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
fenestra

Okna Reviews Missing?

#1 Post by fenestra »

I find it odd that there are no Okna (or Starmark, HiMark) reviews in the window review section. The brand is also not on the drop down for brand selection.

Since the brand is spoken so highly of here by the "usual suspects" I just found that odd. Any thoughts??

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna Reviews Missing?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not sure that reviews section is super up to date right now.

I will ask the board moderators about that.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Looks like that section of the site is used rather infrequently, especially in comparison to the discussion boards. Not much correlation between the two IMO, two separate resources provided by the same site... If you use the search function on the discussion board, you'll find plenty of reviews for that product line, often in threads that lasted several weeks/months from the buying process all the way through installation. :)

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#4 Post by VRWAdmin »

Since the brand is spoken so highly of here by the "usual suspects" I just found that odd. Any thoughts??
Unfortunately the strongest motivating factor for folks to post reviews on the site is dissatisfaction. In some ways I would atribute the lack of reviews for the Okna line to be indicative of customer satisfaction.

We are currently re-working the review functionality, along with some other changes we are making, that should help improve the information available.

Ed's

bgbrock

#5 Post by bgbrock »

Ed's - with all due respect, the Okna windows are not listed in the Top Rated listings here, nor are they mentioned in the Top 100 windows on the sister site. I believe that is what Fenestra was referencing.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

bgbrock wrote:Ed's - with all due respect, the Okna windows are not listed in the Top Rated listings here, nor are they mentioned in the Top 100 windows on the sister site. I believe that is what Fenestra was referencing.
The top 100 was from Window & Door magazine and was based on yearly sales figures of companies that cooperated with the magazine and sent their sales info to the magazine. It is based purely on the amount of the company's sales, not how good the windows are.
The "Top 100" info from the sister site is at least 5 year old. If you look at the Top 100 in that magazine from the last several years you will see Okna on the list. The articles are available by doing a google search.

The majority of reviews in the review section of this site were put on the site right after the site added the function to do so back in the middle of the last decade. That was a few years before Okna revamped their window series, expanded west and started impressing the industry with their fantastic performance numbers and features.

We all would welcome any Okna past customers visiting here to start reviewing the Okna, HiMark and Starmark windows on that part of the site.

bgbrock

#7 Post by bgbrock »

Dave - Thanks for the clarity!