Provia Aspect or Endure?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
SupaGremlin79

Provia Aspect or Endure?

#1 Post by SupaGremlin79 »

I've gotten like 10 window company quotes and I'm pretty fed up with looking at windows.
Background: I have 8 double hung windows needing replacement, 2 of them in bathrooms getting tempered glass. Location is Central Maryland. My previous home had Okna 400 windows and I loved them, but I cannot find anybody in my new town who install Okna windows. I've had 10 window companies in and 5 of the 10 install Provia so we figured maybe they're a good window since so many use them (or maybe the profit margin is the best?)
The hang up is that the quote we got has the Endure only $35 more per window than the Aspect. We don't like how the Endure loses us glass space, but it's supposed to be a higher quality window in every other regard? My home has, in my opinion, too few windows, so getting as much light infiltration is important and I don't want to lose glass space but I also don't want to say no to a much better value window for only $35.
I'm having serious analysis paralysis. Let me know what you think, as well as if I'm overlooking a better choice from what we've been quoted:
Provia Aspect: $5,540
Provia Endure: $5,820
Weathermaster 7700i: $5,226
Wincore 5400: $5,210
Sunrise Restoration: $7,180

HomeSealed

Re: Provia Aspect or Endure?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Provia is the window du jour for all of the "chuck in truck" types these days. Years ago it was Alside (and other AMI brand variations), and they don't exactly have a sterling reputation. Provia makes very nice doors, so what you have here is everyone and their brother selling this window based on the positive name recognition built with their door program, even though the window is middling at best imo. Every supply house in town sells it, the popularity is based on availability, not quality or performance.

What that means for you is that at $700 and change per window, you are more likely to end up a a BBB statistic as opposed to a happy customer with great windows.

The Sunrise quote is reasonable for your qty of windows and a nice product. It may also make sense to contact Okna directly to see if they have a dealer serving your area that you are unaware of, especially since you were happy with that product.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Provia Aspect or Endure?

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where are you located in Maryland?