Window options for 95”H x 144”W opening

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Durbinatormd

Window options for 95”H x 144”W opening

#1 Post by Durbinatormd »

I am struggling to a find vinyl or fiberglass window option for the 95”h x 144”w opening in my living room. This opening currently has qty. 4ea. 35.5”w mulled aluminum frame windows which are long overdue for replacement. I have replaced the other windows in the house with Pella 350 series units within the last 3 years. at the time I ordered the Pella units, there was no option to accommodate an opening of this size. I had a local DFW area window company give me a quote for Alside vinyl windows for this opening but the rep was not positive that they could supply a replacement solution in a similar configuration, he simply priced according to window surface area. Since my agreement to move forward was contingent on the replacements matching the existing (4 separate singe hung mulled units), I have heard nothing back on scheduling a time for someone to come out and get exact measurements so it’s possible that the Alside windows will not be suitable for this huge opening. I would like to avoid going with transom unit option as I know that drives up the cost. Do you know of any window manufacturer’s that have a quality vinyl or fiberglass solution that is offered in a 35.5 W x 95” H that is rated for an opening of this size? I’m guessing they would need to be mulled on-site?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Window options for 95”H x 144”W opening

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Super tall opening. You sure a full height double hung is the way to go here?