OKNA 600 or alternative for the DIY project

For those self-installers
retoropak

OKNA 600 or alternative for the DIY project

#1 Post by retoropak »

Hello,

I am looking to DIY replace 15 windows in my house. I will be doing siding at the same time so i would like to get some "new construction" windows.

I was looking for OKNA 600 series sliders and double hungs, however I could not find a place where i can buy them from. Most places that i contacted are only offering these windows installed.

Are there any OKNA distributors around the Chicago area?
What would be a good alternative to OKNA 600 that is easier to buy?

Thank You

Delaware Mike

Re: OKNA 600 or alternative for the DIY project

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

If you have rough openings that don't have sheetrock returns, I would look for a flanged new construction window with a factory applied jamb extension to make the interior finish work less time consuming. In my area we see the same contractor type vinyl offerings such as Harvey, MI, Simonton, ViWinco, and few others being offered virtually at ever building supply house that sells to contractors. I view all of this stuff below OKNA, Soft-Lite, Vytex, Kensington, Seaway, Sunrise. One of the nicer than most contractor grade windows would be possibly Paradigm out of Maine. Not sure if they have distribution in your area?

DEDave

Help for window replacement in Wilmington-DE

#3 Post by DEDave »

Hi Delaware Mike,

I am in Wilmington, Delaware. I plan to replace 19 windows in my house. can you help?
My phone...Emailed to Mike Directly...FYI.

Thanks,

DEDave