Krestmark windows eastern oklahoma?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
SteveG

Krestmark windows eastern oklahoma?

#1 Post by SteveG »

I'm in the beginning stages of selecting replacement vinyl windows and have searched this site for info not only on Krestmark but other topics as well. I'll be replacing 16 windows that were installed in 1986. I've been to HD and Lowe's to see their windows; Pella, American Craftsman, Anderson & Jeld-wen. I'm waiting for Windows USA awa a couple local contractors to complete their bids. Our local lumber yard sells the Krestmark brand which has been recommended as a good replacement and was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them. The guys that install them seem very knowledgeable, have a good reputation and will supply references if I decide to go with the Krestmark 220 series. These windows have a u-factor of .29 and SHGC of .29 as well. At least that's what I've been able to determine thus far. I would really appreciate any input regarding these windows and any advice on selecting and installing replacement vinyl windows. ( I have read a lot of threads on this site and have learned quite a lot already).

vinyl connection

Re: Krestmark windows eastern oklahoma?

#2 Post by vinyl connection »

Krestmark is a good company and usualy sells there products to lumber yards most home improvement companies will sell products that are sold by manufacurer direct supply houses this is why you cant find very much info on Krestmark. there are better products in the market if you'd like I can give you some info

Thans for your question.

Richard

SteveG

#3 Post by SteveG »

Any ideas and/or suggestions on replacement windows is appreciated. As I said, I've looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and have a couple contractors coming to pitch their products.

vinyl connection

#4 Post by vinyl connection »

yes, have you heard of VIWINTECH ? What part of oklahoma are you in?

SteveG

#5 Post by SteveG »

I'm 150 miles East of Oklahoma City and 150 miles West of Little Rock, Ar. Biggest city to me is Fort Smith, Ar. I haven't heard of the window you mention but I will Google it.

randy

#6 Post by randy »

SteveG, Krestmark manufactures low-end vinyl windows. Not in the same league as the brands mentioned frequently here, such as Sunrise, Simonton, Gorell, Soft-lite, Okna, Great Lakes, etc....

I would also be very skeptical of vinyl connection's recommendation of Viwintech. First, he/she is new to the board and already flacking hard for one brand of window, which means he/she is probably an employee of Viwintech.

Second, I've never heard of them, and their website doesn't make their product look too impressive. They don't seem to be AAMA certified, so perhaps vinyl connection can post up some Architectural Test Reports on the window line.

If the test reports aren't forthcoming, and they are not AAMA certified, they're not worth considering at all.

vinyl connection

#7 Post by vinyl connection »

No Steve I dont work for VIWINTECH and yes they are AAMA certified they also meet and exceed all NFRC requirements for tax credit, thank God we dont live our lives judging people and companies by there web pages or we would always come up short to big money! Viwintech is a family owned and operated window manufacturing company based in Paducha Kt. the company was started in the early 70's and is still going strong manufacturing about 1000 windows a day. So for anyone who lives in Houston it may be that VIWINTECH dosen't want to spend the money to market in towns and cities so far from the plant. And for me I installed about 8000 of these windows last year! And that is why I trust their reputation!

randy

#8 Post by randy »

The fact that a window meets or exceeds the requirements for the tax credit is meaningless. We are interested in the build quality of the window. What is the Design Pressure rating on their 44x 60 double hung? What is the AL rating on the same window?
What is the wall thickness?

How about posting a link to their AAMA product listing?

arkcamper72

#9 Post by arkcamper72 »

have you looked at window world windows? we got ours 7 years ago and they have been great.
great quality & price. there is dealer in ft smith

randy

#10 Post by randy »

we got ours 7 years ago
So, you bought new windows 7 years ago, and just happened across a window replacement forum and thought you'd stir up some business for a specific company in Arkansas? :lol: :lol:

arkcamper72

#11 Post by arkcamper72 »

so what is your point.
i thought these discussion boards were here to help.
this site came up while searching for another product, i read it and posted a reply.
but it is jerks like you that keeps most people from posting.
i live in ft smith and the search stated they needed someone near ft smith.
everyone can take this for what it is.
im out of here. :mrgreen:

randy

#12 Post by randy »

so what is your point.
My point is this; you're a shill. You most likely work for Window World, either inside or outside.
this site came up while searching for another product, i read it and posted a reply.
What a coincidence? :lol:
im out of here
Probably best, as the pros here know the truth about Window World and the other $189.00 window companies, and we don't shy away from exposing the lousy windows they sell.

JustSpeechy98

Quality windows in DFW?

#13 Post by JustSpeechy98 »

What kind of windows does Window World sell? I’m in the DFW metro and see lots of their ads. Deciding is kindof overwhelming. Are Barr windows good? Anlin? Those have been recommended by friends. I’m looking for something that is mid-range. Good quality but not outrageous.

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

Why don't you start a new thread and post up your question.

WW installs are a mixed bag. Kind of like monkeys throwing poo at each other. There are better options in DFW.