FL - Help me decide Wincore Stormforce vs Viwinco Oceanview

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
esc1920

FL - Help me decide Wincore Stormforce vs Viwinco Oceanview

#1 Post by esc1920 »

We were approved for My Safe FL Home with a $10k grant to replace windows. We have a couple of big half-moon windows so are going to replace the south facing front of the home windows, including the half-moons.

I have it narrowed down to two. I know they are not the BEST but we don't want to put a lot of money into this project as we may be selling in the next year, and frankly anything we put in will be an improvement over the single pane 1995 builder grade ones we have now.

Viwinco OceanView (from Mister Window)
Wincore Stormforce 8800 (from Window Depot USA)

We are also wondering if sliding windows vs single hung make any difference in structural integrity.

Thank you in advance!

Windows on Washington

Re: FL - Help me decide Wincore Stormforce vs Viwinco Oceanview

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would say they are competitive comparables. Anything else to add on the comparison?

esc1920

#3 Post by esc1920 »

Thank you for your reply. Since you asked, I'll share a little more

Dining room: 110" half moon with two windows each 36x62 below

Living room: 54" half moon with three windows (2) 26x62 and (1) 36x62

Viwinco Ocean View est is $10,523 for single hung, tilt in (bottom only) with grids. This option would essentially keep our same esthetic
DP(PSF)+70 / -70
Wind speed 185 MPH
UF 0.27
SHGC 0.20

Wincore Stormforce - have two estimates, both for the 8800 Impact Performance/Non-HVHZ windows (we are near Tampa, not Miami/Dade)
First is for double hung, double tilt in with grids at $12,392 - pretty much same esthetic as we have now
Their stats list differently...
UF .32
SHGC .20
VT .45
Air infiltration resistance .08 cfm/ft2
Water test pressure 9.75 psf
Design pressure +60/-65 psf
Overall performance rating LC-PG65
FBC Approval FL15819.2 (maybe this is wind speed rating? I know its high but cannot find exact verbiage)

The second Wincoe Stormforce 8800 estimate of $10,403 would replace with sliders instead of double hung and have no grids. Dining room would be two windows under the half moon where both sides slide and screen on both sides; living room would have a fixed picture window in the center with no screen (44" wide) and two sliders with screens (22" wide)
UF .32
SHGC .20
VT .44
Air infiltration resistance .01 cfm/ft2
Water test pressure 9.75 psf
Design pressure +60/-65 psf
Overall performance rating LC-PG60
FBC Approval FL16092.7 (maybe this is wind speed rating? I know its high but cannot find exact verbiage)

I really dont know much about what these stats mean lol. Had not thought we would like the slider option but it's actually a good look in our opinion

We are fortunate to get this $10k low income grant as we don't have to pay the contractor out of pocket except for whatever is over the $10k limit. So I guess we need to decide if we want single hung or sliders since both come in reasonably priced.

Thank you in advance

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

All pretty close and solid performers. Might just come down to what and who you like.

esc1920

#5 Post by esc1920 »

thank you - its reassuring to get your opinion!