Warranty Repairs, Where's Schuco?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Diane

Warranty Repairs, Where's Schuco?

#1 Post by Diane »

My husband and I purchased a household of Schuco windows and patio doors from Renaissance Exteriors of Maple Grove, MN in 2006. We have incurred a few problems that need to be addressed (under warranty) before the weather here turns cold. We have found that Renaissance Exteriors in no longer in business, and have heard also that Schuco is no longer in business. We are at a loss as to how to find a contact for warranty repairs. I believe it is poor business to close shop and not contact buyers as to how to handle this type of situation. We paid a large sum for the windows and expect that this should be addressed. Does anyone have any information that would be helpful?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Warranty Repairs, Where's Schuco?

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I didn't hear anything about Rennaissance going out of business. Are you sure? That would be where your installation warranty would come from for someone doing work on your job. The manufacturer only warranties the product itself.

Schuco sold the vinyl operations to upper management but they are still here in the U.S. and are providing warranty parts per their lifetime limited warranty. Call 1-877-4Schuco for warranty parts.

The vinyl window operations are now called 'Force V Environmental'. They are currently having a new website made but have a parked page here:
http://www.forcevenvironmental.com/

Bill

#3 Post by Bill »

I'm surprised to hear about Renaissance I knew those guys pretty well when Simonton had the Impressions dealer program. I did some checking on the web and found their web site is still up but I also found on one of those sites where consumers complain that their license has been suspended.

Bill

Diane

#4 Post by Diane »

Thank you windows4u for your reply. Further communication efforts resulted in information about Schuco. They have taken their manufacturing back to Germany I was told. I did connect with someone at Schuco-usa.com who was willing to be of help. I am waiting for a response. Thank you also for the phone #. I am sure that will be helpful as well.

Diane

#5 Post by Diane »

Thank you also Bill. I only know that the Maple Grove MN space closed. Other Renaissance operations are in other states, California, Texas, Virginia. Maybe they are not the same as Renaissance was here.

FenEx

#6 Post by FenEx »

It's not my style to discuss the business of others but Renaissance has closed and they are not a franchise connected to the other locations. I know of a half dozen other very successful contracting businesses that have shut their doors too. The economy is affecting business owners on every level, small, medium and large. When Starbucks has to close 600 locations and national franchises like Benigans (sp) go under, it's apparent that no one is safe.

I understand that the recently purchased Schuco window business is being moved down South to a new plant location, one of the Carolinas I believe. There are certainly going to be delays during this relocation process but hopefully they will have a plan to address warranty issues like yours.